Gumpaste Books...which One?

Decorating By hollynme2 Updated 14 Jun 2009 , 1:46am by MACakes

hollynme2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollynme2 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 1:12am
post #1 of 4

I am looking for a good all around book on gumpaste flowers...None of the bookstores in the area have any on the shelves so it is impossible for me to browse first. What do you have on your shelf and why do you like it? Thanks in advance!!

3 replies
kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 1:32am
post #2 of 4

All I have is the Wilton one that comes with the kit. It has many types of flowers and great instructions, but I don't know how it compares to other books.

shanna_banana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanna_banana Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 1:40am
post #3 of 4

I haven't bought any books yet, but when I want to practice with my gumpaste I look up youtube videos. Just type in the flower you are looking for with the word gumpaste. It's a lot easier watching an expert do it than trying to figure out how to do it from a book. HTH

MACakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MACakes Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 1:46am
post #4 of 4

I have the Wilton books which are great for learning the basics and then you can experiment with different technics on different flowers.

My most recent book is 'Simplifying Sugar Flowers' by Alison Procter. This book is amazing for details. The flowers and leaves are realistic and simple to do. icon_smile.gif I bought my at Chapters Book Store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%