Pretty Boxes

Decorating By summernoelle Updated 14 Jun 2009 , 10:52am by cakesbydina

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 4:07am
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know where I can get some pretty cake boxes? Not plain white ones, but some that would be nice for taking into a restaurant for a tasting?

8 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 11:01am
post #2 of 9

if you were in the uk, yes. still basic white, but usually with a little corner something or border. good luck finding one where you are!
xx

Michellet62260 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michellet62260 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 9

I'd say if you don't have any luck just use the plain white ones and fancy them up. Buy a couple of small bottles of acrylic craft paint , a stencil brush and a pretty stencil from the craft store and stencil a pretty design on it. Should be quick and easy. If you had some sort of lettering stencil you could do you company name or freehand it. (make sure you do the dab method for painting not like you stencil on cakes or you will have a big mess! )

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 1:41pm
post #4 of 9

If you have an airbrush you can use stencils similar to what Michellet said. I've done that. Sometimes the box is similar in design to what the cake design is, other times it's decorated for the time of year (holidays etc).

cakelady48 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady48 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 9

hi
Go to creativebag.com They have all kinds of pretty boxes.great prices also.

Kathy

luckytricey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckytricey Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 9

I simply bought clear printer paper (in the label isle) in different sizes and printed my logo and designs for my white boxes and just peeled and placed! Finished with ribbon that was hot glued on, and my business card on the back. They look professionally printed and is very easy. I fall quick into new hobbies, so this prevented me from becoming a box decorator!! LOL Have fun!

summernoelle Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 3:18pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you everyone! I am going into a nice restaurant to take some samples to the staff, but didn't want to take my samples in ugly white boxes. I was trying to do something pretty. Thank you for your help!

summernoelle Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 3:22pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakelady48

hi
Go to creativebag.com They have all kinds of pretty boxes.great prices also.

Kathy

That is PERFECT. I love the one with the dots. THANK YOU!!!

cakesbydina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbydina Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 10:52am
post #9 of 9

Go to etsy.com for personalized logo stickers. Place this on your cake with ribbon tied around it. simple, elegant and professional.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%