Best Way To Make A Heart Shaped "tuxedo" Cake?

Decorating By mom2spunkynbug Updated 13 Jun 2009 , 7:42pm by mom2spunkynbug

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 3:56am
post #1 of 5

Ok, it's kind of late to be asking this, since I am literally going to be covering the cake in a few minutes! But I've never done a tuxedo cake before & I was wondering the best way to do it.

Should I...

1) cover the whole cake in chocolate fondant, then lay the white "shirt" piece down, then lay the lapels down?

or

2) lay the shirt piece down first, then cover each half of the cake seperately in choc fondant, then lay the lapels down?

Will it really matter? I mean I want it to look the best way it can, but I just not sure - that's why I came here!

Thanks in advance!

4 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 4:55am
post #2 of 5

I hope I'm not too late, but I do the first option! It is so much easier for me that way, and the look is the same.

mom2spunkynbug Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 4:58am
post #3 of 5

Thanks! No, you're not too late. UNFORTUNATELY there is something wrong with my fondant icon_cry.gif

I mixed chocolate clay with Satin Ice vanilla (white) fondant and now there is like chunks of chocolate icon_eek.gif and little specks of chocolate in the (brown) fondant icon_cry.gif

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 6:50am
post #4 of 5

That is the new "designer" fondant, if the bride notices, but chances are no one will notice. Maybe knead it some more though... might melt those flakes.

mom2spunkynbug Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks LOL

It did need to be kneaded more!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%