Should I Fill Tonight Or Tomorrow??

Decorating By pikle Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 3:38am by honeyscakes

pikle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pikle Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:19am
post #1 of 5

I am making a cake for tomorrow night and am debating whether I should torte/fill tonight or tomorrow. It is a white cake and will have strawberry filling with fondant covering. I am not sure if I should crumb coat, etc tonight... put in fridge and cover tomorrow-- or if I should just do it all in the morning??

I've never used fruit filling, so it's throwing me for a loop. Thanks for reading and for any help!!!

4 replies
phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:27am
post #2 of 5

I would fill and crumb coat tonight. That will give the cake a chance to rest overnight then you can cover with fondant tomorrow. icon_smile.gif

pikle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pikle Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:31am
post #3 of 5

thank you so much!!! okay, off to torte and fill icon_biggrin.gif. have i mentioned that cakes are my enemies?? LOL-- cookies like me, cakes, not so much LOL

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:34am
post #4 of 5

I agree with phoufer, I'd do it tonight. Cakes will settle a bit . You can also leave it in the fridge and it will get good and cold, easier to cover in fondant that way. good luck.

honeyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeyscakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:38am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK

I agree with phoufer, I'd do it tonight. Cakes will settle a bit . You can also leave it in the fridge and it will get good and cold, easier to cover in fondant that way. good luck.

agreed!
if the cake bulges or settles,it will happen over night and will def. be easier to cover with fondant icon_biggrin.gif
post pictures when the cake is complete !!!
Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%