Sugarshack's Topsy Turvy

Decorating By Uniqueask Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 1:05pm by cas17

momtobtb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtobtb Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:18am
post #31 of 45

I can't wait to get mine! I ordered it at the beginning of the month and she emailed saying it would've been mailed out by last Friday. I'm counting down the days!!!! Maybe I'll get my TTT dvd when my new agbay comes in! LOL

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:54am
post #32 of 45

thank you everyone!

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:14pm
post #33 of 45

I watched most of Disk one of the Topsy Turvy last night. I'm going to have to watch it again because I had to stop so many times to deal with my oldest who was upset and sick most of the night.

Thanks again, Sharon! You're the best!

Has anyone tried the cars dvd from Mike's Amazing Cakes? I have a 3D Shelby cobra and Mach 1 Mustang to make, and I'm terrified! They are so detailed, but that's what my uncle requested.

splash2splat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splash2splat Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:20pm
post #34 of 45

I got MINE!!! I am so excited I've already watched and I am getting ready to rewatch it - I love it - THANK YOU SHARON!!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:06pm
post #35 of 45

erinalicia

there was another thread going around about Mikes car dvd

the response was very positive

maybe you can find it.

erinalicia Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:28pm
post #36 of 45

Thanks, nannie! I found it. icon_smile.gif

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 6:52pm
post #37 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinalicia

I watched most of Disk one of the Topsy Turvy last night. I'm going to have to watch it again because I had to stop so many times to deal with my oldest who was upset and sick most of the night.

Has anyone tried the cars dvd from Mike's Amazing Cakes? I have a 3D Shelby cobra and Mach 1 Mustang to make, and I'm terrified! They are so detailed, but that's what my uncle requested.

Erinalicia; PULLEEEZZZEEE by Mike's DVD for making the 3D cars; it is AWESOME!! On the DVD, he does a cake that will feed around 35 people; if you look in my photos, I did a Nascar cake that fed 100!! This DVD is so worth it.

Also, I plan on ordering my Topsy Turvy DVD this week!! I have Sugarshack's stacking DVD and I love that one and I can't wait to get this one!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 6:58pm
post #38 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by aundron

Quote:

Erinalicia; PULLEEEZZZEEE by Mike's DVD for making the 3D cars; it is AWESOME!! On the DVD, he does a cake that will feed around 35 people; if you look in my photos, I did a Nascar cake that fed 100!! This DVD is so worth it.

Also, I plan on ordering my Topsy Turvy DVD this week!! I have Sugarshack's stacking DVD and I love that one and I can't wait to get this one!!

YES!! I have Mike's DVD -- AWESOME by the way -- and all of Sugarshack's DVDs. I highly recommend all of them!!! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

erinalicia Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 9:28pm
post #39 of 45

I just ordered it today! I hope that it gets here quickly, because the Shelby is due next week. It only has to feed 20, put it's a convertible, so I'm not sure. I found blueprints of the car, so I'm working with them to get them to the right size.

Thanks so much for the feedback... now, I'll stop stealing Sharon's thunder icon_wink.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 9:50pm
post #40 of 45
Quote:

I just ordered it today! I hope that it gets here quickly, because the Shelby is due next week. It only has to feed 20, put it's a convertible, so I'm not sure. I found blueprints of the car, so I'm working with them to get them to the right size.

Thanks so much for the feedback... now, I'll stop stealing Sharon's thunder icon_wink.gif

Actually Sharon has a 3D car cake tutorial which is very similar to Mikes video on her blog: http://sugaredblog.blogspot.com/search?q=how+to+make+a+3D+car+cake

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:48am
post #41 of 45

The dvd is great I highly recommend that you get it. Great job Sharon and thanks.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:53am
post #42 of 45

My topsy turvy video from Sharon should be coming in soon! I can't wait to get it! I absolutely loved the fondant video!

Thank you Sharon! For taking the time to do these marvelous video. They are worth every penny and then some!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

cakeinthebox4U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeinthebox4U Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 1:13am
post #43 of 45

I just got mine on Friday - watched disk 1 Saturday and disk 2 Sunday - LOVED THEM!! I totally feel prepared to do one one, the only problem is I am just a hobbiest and don't have anything on the go right now icon_sad.gif I guess my dad is going to be the lucky recipient in August for his 60th birthday!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I have Sharons buttercream and boxes & bows dvd's but after reading this am thinking I need to bite the bullet and order the fondant & stacking DVD's now...man I need to start making some $$ on this to afford all the stuff. I'm already putting the plugs in for an Agbay for Christmas with the DH icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 1:01pm
post #44 of 45

I brought my portable DVD player to work and watched/listened to it instead of the radio and everyone who came into my office wanted to see the movie I was watching. HAHA

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 1:05pm
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnagardner

I brought my portable DVD player to work and watched/listened to it instead of the radio and everyone who came into my office wanted to see the movie I was watching. HAHA

icon_lol.gif that is too funny and so cool that you can do that! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%