Anyone Want To Sell An Edible Image To A Client?

Business By costumeczar Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 10:30pm by joy5678

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 14

If anyone has an edible image printer and is willing to sell an image to someone, please let me know. A woman called me and said that she wants to make a birthday cake for her husband, but wanted to put an edible image onto it, She can't find anyone who is willing to do an image for her unless she buys their cake. They won't even sell her the image separately if she buys the cake, so she's kind of stuck.

If you can do an image and send it to her pm me and I'll send you her email address. I asked, and it's a personal family picture, not anything copyrighted!

13 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 14

Has she tried the grocery store, local cake supply shops? I know I've gotten my images dome at Price Chopper for like $8.

costumeczar Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 14

She said that she tried all the stores around her that do them, and nobody would sell one to her without it being on a cake. icon_sad.gif

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 14

I don't know if I'd trust an image being sent through the mail..It might be ok. But I am out of ink at the moment and haven't had an edible image request in over a year, hence the no ink...it all dried up...LOL! It would cost too much to buy the print head cleaner and new ink cartridges for only one image, and I don't think she would want to pay more than about $ or $15 for the thing either, I'd would but, it would cost me too much to do it, and no telling when I'd get another image request.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 14

No one will sell them around here either....... icon_cry.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 14
ladixiechic1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladixiechic1 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:20pm
post #7 of 14

I purchased mine off ebay and it came in just fine. thumbs_up.gif

costumeczar Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:26pm
post #8 of 14

Thans for the ebay info, I'll let her know.

en-passant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
en-passant Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:41pm
post #9 of 14

Geez.

I sell EIs all the time, without the cake. It's a great source of income for me. I've only had my system since February and it has already paid for itself.

My cakes are very expensive and not everyone can afford one. That's why I also sell EIs and licensed purchased rice paper thingies that you lay on a cake (whatever they might be called....), and fondant and colors and stuff in a little corner of my shop. My average sales of 'stuff', as I call it (RF, GP, colors, and such) is more than 120$ a day. For my little shop in my town.

costumeczar Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 8:03pm
post #10 of 14

I'd think it would be a good idea to sell them, why not? There has to be a pretty decent profit margin involved if you price them right.

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 8:14pm
post #11 of 14

I've actually sold edible images to a member of CC! I didn't make a profit from it, but I was glad to help her out and they got there in excellent condition! I haven't used my printer in a while though! I need to check the ink situation. Let me know if you can't find anyone to do it and I will see what I can do. What is to be on the EI and when does your client need it?

TeriO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TeriO Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 8:20pm
post #12 of 14

Maybe she can do what I did. If she has a Baskin Robbins near her. I called them and asked if they would do it for me because my son was lactose intolerant (which he is) and could not have ice cream cakes. I always make his cakes for him and they were very nice and let me buy an image from them for $5.00.

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 9:00pm
post #13 of 14

Walmart near me does it for only $2.50 and price chopper does it for $5 .Colors are not always very bright but for this price I am glad to get it.

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 10:30pm
post #14 of 14

The Walmart bakery sells them for $6 here. No problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%