Corectly Swirl My Marble

Decorating By littlejewel Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 12:24pm by cakes22

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 4:59am
post #1 of 4

I made a marble cake. I spoon the chocolate on top of the yellow and then took a knife and ran through the batter, it looked fine before it baked. After my cake was done the marble was in the middle of the cake only the rest was yellow. What is the correct way to do this?

3 replies
heathernicole_032 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heathernicole_032 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 5:10am
post #2 of 4

I love to make marble cakes, seems easier for everyone, some who like yellow and some like choc. It could be that you didn't swirl the choclate in well enough or that you placed the drops all to close to the middle, i drop them in two rows and then go back with a skewer instead of a knife and run a straight line down both of the rows seems to work well that way, hope thi helps~~ icon_razz.gif

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 5:49am
post #3 of 4

I drop spoonfuls of chocolate batter all over the cake from the outside to the center an then run a skewer all over the cake, I've never had a problem HTH

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:24pm
post #4 of 4

When I do a marble cake, I drop globs of the chocolate randomly over the yellow cake batter. Then I use a knife and run it thru the batter going width ways first than lengthwise. Then I put the knife about 1-1 1/2 "s from the corners and pull toward the corner edges of the pan.
hth.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%