Wedding Cake Top Tier Reese's Cup Flavor

Decorating By sudie1 Updated 7 Jun 2009 , 4:31am by myslady

sudie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sudie1 Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 5

I have a request for a wedding cake in which the couple wants the top tier to taste like a Reese's Cup. The cake will be a 3-tiered square cake with vanilla buttercream frosting on the whole cake. Any suggestion for how to do the top tier? Which recipe(s) and will it taste okay with vanilla buttercream on outside? I was thinking chocolate cake with peanut butter icing between layers and crumbled Reese cups also between the layers. Any help is appreciated.

4 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 5

id think like you - choc cake, peanut butter filling. choc cake goes great with vanilla bc, id guess it doess with peanut butter too!
xx

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 5

I saw a thread somewhere about this same topic.....it was suggest a peanut butter cake w/choco fudge filling would be better/closer to what is wanted taste wise.
Where do people come up with these ideas?? There is only sooooo much matching of flavors one can accomplish. Tell them you will do your best but you can't guarantee it will be a perfect match.

sudie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sudie1 Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 11:11pm
post #4 of 5

Good suggestions. I don't know where the came up with that one either! People think we can duplicate anything, you know! Thanks for the advice.

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 4:31am
post #5 of 5

You may want to ask them whether they want you to do a chocolate cake with the reese's peanutbutter filling OR a peanutbutter cake made with reese's peanutbutter and a chocolate filling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%