Please Help!!!

Lounge By 4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Updated 7 Jun 2009 , 7:20pm by JaimeAnn

4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 11

How do you get egg yolk out of white carpet? My sweet angel baby got into my eggs an now I have a 2 year old and white carpet covered in egg yolk. I have about an hour and a half before my husband gets home and it has to be gone by then. I have tried baking soda, peroxide, and woolite carpet cleaner. Is there something that I am missing. All help is greatly appreciated.

10 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 11

If you have some clorox wipes, try them. That's what seems to work the best for me...the other night my 3 year old dumped a whole plate of spaghetti in the rug and the clorox wipes got it all out.

4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 11

Thanks sooo much. I am goingn to try that right now. Let you know what happens.

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 11

What's the urgency before your husband gets home?!? Eggs are so yucky to clean up, even on the hard floor!! I hate it.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 7:25pm
post #5 of 11

Well you can use egg yolks to remove coffee or chocolate stains from carpet so it shouldn't be too hard to remove the egg yolk...

You could try a solution of 50% white vinegar to 50% water and wet and blot ..

Since egg yolk is mostly protein and so is blood I know for a fact that if you rub salt into a blood stain then pour straight peroxide onto the salt and work it in a blood stain will completely disappear so you might try that ...

The problem with the clorox wipes is the bleach in them may discolor your carpet depending on what the fiber make up is in your carpet .. The clorox can cause yellowing..
vinegar and peroxide wont... If you are going to try something with bleaching properties on carpet you should use oxi clean or color safe bleach.. white carpet isn't the same as white clothing.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 8:35pm
post #6 of 11

Tell your husband to go pound sand! Accidents happen.........especially with a baby.

4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 8:43pm
post #7 of 11

i tried the clorox and it does stain it yellow. I moved the loveseat and the coffee table over so I put the rug over the stain. When he got home he was upset over the moved furniture but I told him to get used to it. He went into his bedroom and that was the end of it. When he leaves tonight I will think of something else to do. I do appreciate all of you gals help. Thank you so much.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 11:00am
post #8 of 11

I used those shampoos for carpet cleaning and it worked out great.

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 6:16pm
post #9 of 11

I have had great success, even on old set stains with ammonia and HOT water. Gently brush it on and blot it up with an old white towel. I don't know however if you already put clorox on it?? You can never mix ammonia with clorox.
My husband is in the floor covering business and when I asked him how to get a stain out of our carpet he said "scissors" Great help- huh???

4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 10:57pm
post #10 of 11

My mother and grandmother came over while he was out with the baby and used the carpet cleaner then let it dry. After I fluffed the carpe back into position rearranged the furniture and viola If you did not know about the stain you would not be able to see it. Husband never even knew! But thank you for all the help. I'll know what to do next time.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 7:20pm
post #11 of 11

Glad you got the stain out... and I understand about the husband situation... My husband is a complete control freak (not saying yours is) but he flips if anything is different.. ie moved furniture, water ring on the coffee table , dog chewed the couch.....

I feel your pain ! hahaha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%