Need Help On Wedding Dress Cake

Decorating By kokopuff Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 2:51am by kokopuff

kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:08am
post #1 of 7

I'm wanting to make a bridal gown cake for a friends upcoming bridal shower.I'm wanting to do the style without the doll picks.All the styles or tutorials I have come across on these cakes are either buttercream or fondant.I am no good with fondant,plus I haven't found one I like the taste of as of yet either,anyway I was just wondering if rolled buttercream would hold up on this sort of design,as I haven't ever used it before or what about candy clay,I haven't used that either but I guess know would be a good time to learn.I wanted this cake to be as tastey as it is elegant but the buttercream ruffles are kind of out of style so to speak for this day and time.I will try to download the pic if possible of what I am aiming for.Someone on here has made something similar to what I am wanting to do.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks to everyone! icon_smile.gifSorry I couldn't get the picture on her biy I'm sure most everyone will know what I'm talking about.I hope!

6 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:12am
post #2 of 7

is the pic on a website where you could maybe post the link?

kokopuff Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:41am
post #3 of 7

Maybe it will work this time,this is a beautiful cake.Sorry it still won't let me,it says something is blocking it like spyware and such.I just had my computer worked on and I am still scared of messing something up agin! icon_cry.gif Maybe someone else will know of the cake I am refering to. icon_redface.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:52am
post #4 of 7

I have made a dress cake without the doll. Not sure if it is the type of cake you are going for.

I'm actually planning to make a life sized dress cake so I'll keep this thread up.

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:59am
post #5 of 7

Is the picture here on CC? Or can you give us some details so we can search for it?

kokopuff Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:31am
post #6 of 7

Yes,there are a few here on CC,my most favorite so far is by jenbakescake or cakes.There is also one on wilton.com called a court of many colors but I wanted to make one more like jens but with something other than fondant or buttercream.

kokopuff Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:51am
post #7 of 7

RylanTy,I took a look at your wedding dress cake,it is beautiful,a little larger than I am aiming for but on the right track,I added it to my favorites.Mine won't be that tall.I was thinking I would maybe do 3 8'rounds and 3 6' rounds stacked and carved to the shape and then covered in whatever is going to work,not sure how tall that's gonna be yet.Of course I will still have to use buttercream most likely to hold it all together but I wanted it to have sparkles and ruffles etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%