Help Me Price This Cake! I Have No Clue!

Decorating By patticakesnc Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 12:12am by sweetkake

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 11:58pm
post #1 of 5

I was approached to make this cake. IF I can even do it I have no clue what to charge. It is 1/2 sheetcake I think. Don't really have to say a whole lot about the cake. I think it speaks for itself......ohhhh please help on this one.
LL

4 replies
awestervelt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awestervelt Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:03am
post #2 of 5

That is a lot of detail work!! I would charge at least $150.00 to 200.00. I have never had to use gold but I have heard sometimes it can be difficult. Good Luck.

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:07am
post #3 of 5

200+. That has so much detail work and with all that fondant work, plus the gold and silver overlay. You definately do not want to under charge for this cake.

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:09am
post #4 of 5

That is so so much detail! you have to think about the amount of time its going to take you to make the lions and all of the other small details, plus the painting of it gold. I would be charging probably 250 or a bit more.

sweetkake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetkake Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:12am
post #5 of 5

At least $3.50 a serving and that's not much for the kind of detail I see. Probably all hand painted unless you can find a way to spray the pieces before you put them on. I think the standard for servings in a half sheet is close to 80.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%