What To Call Fondant?

Decorating By allissweets Updated 23 Aug 2005 , 6:38am by MissBaritone

allissweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allissweets Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 1:27am
post #1 of 5

I am working on a web site for my developing cake business, and I'd like to list the flavors of cakes, buttercream, fondant, etc. that I make. I can list marshmallow fondant and chocolate MMF, but what do I call the regular rolled fondant? I don't EVER use pre-made Wilton - I make mine from scratch and it's delicious! I use vanilla, butter, and almond extracts to give it a really nice flavor, so I'm not sure what to call it. Just "rolled fondant?" But isn't that what MMF is also? Just curious about what y'all might think. Thanks!

4 replies
HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 1:43am
post #2 of 5

I would call them rolled fondant and rolled marshmallow fondant. You could give a brief description for each, including mentioning that you make your fondant from scratch.

Rainbow_Moon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rainbow_Moon Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 3:10am
post #3 of 5

since you make your own (and it sounds like a modified recipie) you could make up a name for it that is unique. like if your company is named x, it could be "x's special rolled fondant", or "rolled fondant created by x". or something of the sort - that sounds more special than just rolled fondant. this is a great time to get creative and it will be a good marketing thing...

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 5:37am
post #4 of 5

I agrree with Rainbow_Moon! That's a great idea!! It is very creative & personal. Customers like it when things are homemade. They think if something is homemade then it took a lot of work, which isn't always true. I second Rainbow's idea!

MissBaritone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBaritone Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 6:38am
post #5 of 5

In England rolled fondant is referred to as sugar paste

Quote by @%username% on %date%