Before & After (Or The Effect Outlining Has On A Cookie)

Baking By GeminiRJ Updated 3 Nov 2011 , 11:48am by GeminiRJ

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 8:13pm
post #181 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

My favorite is probably almond. But I've found that Spices, Etc. has a wide variety of extract flavors that are wonderful! For summer, I love the key lime. I also love their clear vanilla and coconut extracts. I just bought pomegranate, which smells heavenly! I've tried lemon, root beer, white chocolate, orange, mint, and maple. Yummm.

Hi Susan, are you talking about Loranne oils or a different brand?

And thank youuuuuu again for being so kind to share tips with us 'cookie lovers' icon_smile.gif

The company is called Spices, etc. and TracyLH is the one who introduced me to them. They are on-line, so go to www.spicesetc.com and check them out. Yummy extracts, and so-o-o many to pick from!

Thank you Susan!! so, I assume that the Lorrane oils wouldn't work on royal icing because they're oil base and these flavorings are not, you think?

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 4:11am
post #182 of 184

How does this icing hold up to shipping?

silverdragon997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverdragon997 Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 5:43am
post #183 of 184

Gemini, this may have been discussed somewhere already, but I can't find anything using the search. How do you use your templates to actually do the outlining? For instance, the Baby Blues cookies on your flickr page, how do you use the template to pipe all the details? I've only ever used a template with royal icing to pipe details like that, so my brain is not translating it to cookie decorating...

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 11:48am
post #184 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdragon997

Gemini, this may have been discussed somewhere already, but I can't find anything using the search. How do you use your templates to actually do the outlining? For instance, the Baby Blues cookies on your flickr page, how do you use the template to pipe all the details? I've only ever used a template with royal icing to pipe details like that, so my brain is not translating it to cookie decorating...

I only use the template to cut out the cookie. I use my kopykake and an edible ink marker to draw the design onto the cookie. Then I ice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%