Cake Boss Show With Buddy

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 10 Jun 2009 , 3:55am by adree313

DessertDreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DessertDreams Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:22pm
post #31 of 55

I don't make a ton of cakes but I would love to have that fondant rolling machine! Hand rolling wears me outicon_smile.gif What is that machine called?

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:26pm
post #32 of 55

That's a sheeter. It's used for things like fondant and pizza dough.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:31pm
post #33 of 55

I get the Italian thing and this show is selling a family and everything that goes along with it...Drama. At Duff's they are like family but-they aren't. There is a difference. As far as the cake goes I'd love to see more cake making in Buddy's bakery they are talented people! I saw there were two layers of cake or more on both the Fire Engine and on top of the building. Some of Duff's cakes are just as structurally enhanced and both Buddy and Duff have done huge cakes of all cake. Comparing them so closely really isn't fair to either of these extremely talented men or their talented employees and family. Are we going to pick these Food Network (DRAMA LAMA) driven shows apart or just enjoy what we can of what we get? Its a heck of a lot more then we used to get and I for one am thankful for it. I love the shows..Keep em coming I say! Cake on Buddy and Duff! You guys rock!

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:32pm
post #34 of 55

I know I sound like a broken record but I would love it if they'd follow around Mike's Amazing Cakes or Bronwen. I'd even like to see more of the Cake Girls if Mary would stop blubbering. icon_biggrin.gif

cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:39pm
post #35 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaaaann

OMG! I love so much! Honestly..I don't see how he can be topped--->by anyone--->ever. He's fast, creative, so seriously talented. He's all business and all about 'Mi Familia' as well. He's all heart and brains. I always thought he deserved better scoring in his challenges on the televised cake challenges. That's ok..he has his own show now! He's full of personality in my opinion. He kept my interest thru every minute of his show. He's funny and serious at same time........Anyway, Buddy Rocks period. He's ALL Italian.."Bada Bing" baby!

ITA!!! Buddy is freakin' awesome!!! All the yelling doesn't bother me. Our house is always loud, so I'm used to it.....if it's quiet, something's wrong!

Bellatheball Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:47am
post #36 of 55

I just caught the first two shows. You guys really like his cakes? They remind me of the old bakery cakes in Chicago (amazing taste but not the cleanest looking work). Apparently some of the wicked good decorators here have set the bar too high. icon_biggrin.gif

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:57am
post #37 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellatheball

I just caught the first two shows. You guys really like his cakes? They remind me of the old bakery cakes in Chicago (amazing taste but not the cleanest looking work). Apparently some of the wicked good decorators here have set the bar too high. icon_biggrin.gif

We're not talking about the sheet cakes and bakery cakes... I mean can you HONESTLY say that the wedding cakes he turned out for the bridal mag were not flawless?? And Buddy's flowers are second to none--it's what he's known for. This show hasn't even BEGUN to show the amazing cakes that Buddy turns out... he's an amazing decorator.

http://carlosbakery.com/WeddingCakes/Modern.aspx

Those are some phenomenal cakes!

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:15am
post #38 of 55

I agree, I don't see how anyone can criticize Buddys cakes OMG they are works of art. As for the yelling....I feel like I am eaves dropping on a family argument, which everyone goes for haha.......I felt sorry for the sister trying to cook Easter dinner and was not sure which ensd was up, and how Buddy came right in to help her was sweet as can be.....he said her mac and cheese was dry, heck mine has been dry for 36 years, isn't that what ketchup is for?

madgeowens Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 7:04am
post #39 of 55

Mary Alice or whatever her name is constantly saying we did this and we did that, and I don't see her doing any cake decorating, she annpys me lol sorry......I stopped watching that show....I would not eat anything they finger , some look like they came in off a bender haha

Stephi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephi1 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 6:35pm
post #40 of 55

Madge - That is exactly how I feel (came in off a bender) They look like they need to shower! LOL!

Bellatheball Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 6:36pm
post #41 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkZiab

Quote:

We're not talking about the sheet cakes and bakery cakes... I mean can you HONESTLY say that the wedding cakes he turned out for the bridal mag were not flawless?? And Buddy's flowers are second to none--it's what he's known for. This show hasn't even BEGUN to show the amazing cakes that Buddy turns out... he's an amazing decorator.

http://carlosbakery.com/WeddingCakes/Modern.aspx

Those are some phenomenal cakes!

I must not have seen the cake for the photoshoot. I'll blame that on my kids. icon_biggrin.gif I was surprised by the bunny cake though and a little bit by the shoe/purse cake. I have seen better cakes on those two subjects done here. I'll look at that link later tonight and come back if I've had to eat my words! It wouldn't be the first time. LOL

Madge, I agree 100% on Mary Alice and the bender comment. I swear, there was a rerun last night and Ben looked like an addict they dragged in off the street. He looked filthy.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 7:11pm
post #42 of 55

Just to add to this... this gallery showcases Buddy's flower work, which is beautiful.

http://www.carlosbakery.com/WeddingCakes/Floral.aspx

Also, if you get a chance, look through the other galleries on there as well. He's a very talented chef!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 7:58pm
post #43 of 55

Unless you're Italian or ever worked for one you just will never understand the "yelling".

I'm Portuguese (pretty close to Italians) but I worked for an Italian for 9 yrs. The highlight of my day was counting how many times he said the word "friggin". LOL!! He had one volume and that was EXTRA LOUD.........but he had a heart of gold and family and friends were everything to him.

I suspect this is how Buddy is too. I'm one of 8 kids.....5 daughters and one of my sisters CANNOT cook, the rest of us can't figure it out since all of us can cook or bake anything.

Buddy's Easter at his sisters reminded me of my 1 sister that can't cook. Whenever she has a party there's an inside joke to "eat before you go" to Sue's house because you don't wanna eat what she prepares. Poor thing!! LOL icon_lol.gif

MY ONLY COMPLAINT ABOUT CAKEBOSS (BUDDY'S SHOW) IS THAT IT'S NOT LONG ENOUGH...................1 HOUR WOULD BE MUCH BETTER.

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:34am
post #44 of 55

Love it Love it Love it! Did I say I love It?

Buddy is awesome and I totally get the yelling it seems real to me.

I love AOC but I agree they don't seem worried about being clean. It just blows me away everytime I watch and then come on here to hear the Bakery owners blasting the home bakers because you don't know if they are sanitary.

madgeowens Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:33am
post #45 of 55

Seriously,they should inspect AOC bakery....yuck/\\....then most of it is not edible....its like a garage rather than a bakery....have you noticed how they all have the same cadence to their speech...like a valley girl only in Maryland ........
I wonder if they make the buttercream in Buddys? They frost so fast, its amazing....everyone write them e mails for longer shows or maybe twice a week......I cannot wait until Monday now to watch it....love it love it....and he does have a heart of gold....you can see it already........but boss has to be boss

paula19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula19 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 4:20am
post #46 of 55

I like cake boss too. I still like to watch AOC still though. I like to see their creativity. It gives you new ideas, you know? But I do agree, I don't like how they are pretty carefree about hygiene and they use a lot of non-edibles. And their starting price is $1000. Some of their cakes look pretty simple or small to be worth that much! And wow! I saw Carlos's flowers and they're stunning! AOC's not even close. They do the easy fondant roses. Back to Buddy... I didn't like how he screamed at the delivery guy. And to be honest, I wasn't crazy about the rabbit cake. But maybe that's just me. I like how he's a family guy though. And the firetruck cake... AMAZING icon_biggrin.gif

madgeowens Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 5:26am
post #47 of 55

There is another cake show on Sunday night on WE called wedding cakes or something like that...many familiar faces on it from cake challenges.

Megan72382 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Megan72382 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 5:37am
post #48 of 55
Quote:

I know I sound like a broken record but I would love it if they'd follow around Mike's Amazing Cakes or Bronwen. I'd even like to see more of the Cake Girls if Mary would stop blubbering. icon_biggrin.gif

I could go for a Bronwen cake show..... I LOVE her!

madgeowens Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 3:28am
post #49 of 55

Yes I love her too...............she would have a great show....

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 6:08am
post #50 of 55

I started watching but I can't deal with all the drama.

Plus I miss Mary Alice's spunk and witty humor. I like the harmony among the staff @ AOC. I want to be part of the group too!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 1:49pm
post #51 of 55

Did anyone catch the preview of a Bride smearing red icing on an all cream/white cala cake in the back..? I am in shock. Buddy's eyes..LOL She looked altered or a really mad Bridzilla. I wonder what happened. That is so crazy! What would you do if someone was standing there ruining your work?

Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 3:37pm
post #52 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Did anyone catch the preview of a Bride smearing red icing on an all cream/white cala cake in the back..? I am in shock. Buddy's eyes..LOL She looked altered or a really mad Bridzilla. I wonder what happened. That is so crazy! What would you do if someone was standing there ruining your work?

I can't wait to see this one! I reminds me of some of the threads going around these days!!!!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 10:36pm
post #53 of 55

I LOVE the show!!! It is a real bakery, Italian style!!! I grew up with that. The yelling is just because they care. icon_lol.gif I'll take it over AOC any ole day of the week... but I still watch AOC too, just 'cause I can't get enough cake! Love Amazing Wedding Cakes too! This season there is the breakaway team of Reva and (is it Mark?) They must have left Cake Divas... would love to know that whole story! icon_biggrin.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 11:33pm
post #54 of 55
Quote:

I was in shock just watching that! He should have just delivered the cake the way that she left it when she was done with that bag!

I looooove Buddy's show, it's just like being back in the North End of Boston for me! Also visiting my friend's Italian family in Brooklyn.

It's on right now in a rerun on TLC...I love Buddy's expression when the guy is describing the cake they want for "the boss." For his sake I hope they played that up, but one guy at the "club" was wearing a track suit, so I don't think they were! icon_lol.gif

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:55am
post #55 of 55
Quote:

i saw that! i was sitting there dumbfounded. my first thought was this has to be a set up or something... that can not be real! icon_eek.gif
as for what i would if someone did that to my work... i shouldn't reveal that in case it does happen... no one can pin it on me icon_biggrin.gif[/u]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%