Wsac Cake Problems

Baking By baking_fool Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 10:20pm by bobwonderbuns

dinie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinie Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:22pm
post #31 of 44

Does anyone use the liquid egg whites in their recipe for a really white cake?

dinie Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:23pm
post #32 of 44

dinie Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:24pm
post #33 of 44

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:59pm
post #34 of 44

I use liquid egg whites all the time. I love the convenience of the cartons. I watch for them to be on sale and then freeze them.

havingfun Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:00pm
post #35 of 44

I use liquid egg whites all the time. I love the convenience of the cartons. I watch for them to be on sale and then freeze them.

havingfun Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:01pm
post #36 of 44

havingfun Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:02pm
post #37 of 44

dinie Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:11pm
post #38 of 44

Boy I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems with the multipule posting.

dinie Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:12pm
post #39 of 44

Boy I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems with the multipule posting.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:15pm
post #40 of 44

I use Duncan Hines all the time with my WASC and it comes out great, I personally don't like any other mixes, maybe your oven temp, you also have to bake at 325 not 350 HTH

Uniqueask Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:16pm
post #41 of 44

I use Duncan Hines all the time with my WASC and it comes out great, I personally don't like any other mixes, maybe your oven temp, you also have to bake at 325 not 350 HTH

Uniqueask Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:17pm
post #42 of 44

Michellers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michellers Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:11pm
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyD333

I've only had success with the WASC recipe when changing it up a little. I half the sugar and add 1/2 tsp baking powder to the recipe. That keeps it from being gummy.

I use baking strips and flower nails in the 8" pans, cooks very evenly but it does take quite a while, bake at 335. I don't wrap in plastic wrap, find that makes the tops too sticky.

I agree! My cakes would come out SO gummy with the WASC, but I liked the flavor. I ended up cutting the sugar waaaay down, 1/4c instead of 2c. And I also add baking powder, 1tsp. So much better.

And I use whatever mix is on sale at the moment. My wasc would turn out gummy no matter what mix I used.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:20pm
post #44 of 44

I use the DH mixes and have never had a problem with the WASC recipe. I have with Pillsbury and Betty Crocker though. Perhaps that had something do with the problems others have had. Also have y'all used the flower nail trick? That helps bake the center easily for me and helps eliminate gummyness in any cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%