Some People Have A Lot Of Nerve!!!!

Decorating By traci Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 1:33pm by traci

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 22

I had a man place an order on Tuesday of this week and wanted to pick it up on Thursday evening. I normally would not have taken the order that last minute because I am always so busy. However...the cake was easy to do and just an 8 inch round so I agreed to do it. He confirmed by email on Wed. that he would pick up the cake on Thursday evening.

Thursday evening came and went and he did not pick up his cake. I figured he probably got off work late and would pick up on Friday morning. He never showed up, called or emailed. I kind of forgot about him for a while because I was so busy. I realized his cake was still there when I was trying to make space in the fridge to put all my orders. At this point it is like 6:00 so I tried to call him with no response.

My other cake friend came by to borrow some pans and I told her what happened. She said that she could use the cake on her sweet 16 order so I let her take it. I decided it would be better than letting it go to waste.

The man had nerve to call me this morning asking me if he could come pick up the cake. I told him that he was supposed to pick up on Thurs. and now it is Sat. and his cake was gone. So...he wants to order the same cake for Tues. So aggravating! icon_mad.gif

Anyways...here is a pic of my friend's cake. The light pink middle tier is the man's cake.
LL

21 replies
mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 22

Sounds like a scam to me.

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 22

His Loss! What a beautiful cake!

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 22

Ha! What a great way to save a cake!

He'd be on the pay first, cake later plan from now on.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:39pm
post #5 of 22

your tier is very pretty.

I hope you told him, pay first then cake... icon_evil.gif

CALI_GIRL_CAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CALI_GIRL_CAKES Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 22

What an A**. Too bad, it's a great cake. Glad someone else had a beautiful cake. icon_biggrin.gif

traci Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:40pm
post #7 of 22

I might have thought that too...but I did this man's wedding cake and other orders too.

Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:40pm
post #8 of 22

well it made a really beautiful cake! did you agree to make him another one?

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:40pm
post #9 of 22

Take the full payment first before doing it, obviously it's not for a dated event so he can afford not tp pick up again on tuesday.

traci Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:42pm
post #10 of 22

I agreed to make him another cake...I told him I would email him a credit card invoice that he needed to pay before Monday. If he doesn't pay it...no cake!

My other cake friend was happy...less work for her!

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:46pm
post #11 of 22

NO TICKIE - NO LAUNDRY........

What a save for you.....sometimes a forgotten cake is a blessing in disguise.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:47pm
post #12 of 22

Glory, I wanna cake buddy like you in my neighborhood!

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:47pm
post #13 of 22

AND. What a beautiful cake it turned out to be

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:50pm
post #14 of 22

Pretty cake, I wouldn't even take the order unless he came gave you a deposit or paid in advance and I would let him know if he doesn't pick up the cake when he's supposed to he'll lose his deposit or money too. You might get stuck with another cake again

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:57pm
post #15 of 22

I wouldn't let him pay by credit card. Cash only, in full, several days before the pickup day.

traci Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:10pm
post #16 of 22

I could tell him cash only...he lives about 5 minutes away from me. I think it is ridiculous that he did not pick up his cake...it's not like he had to drive much of a distance.

It is great having cake friends in my area. I have 3 really close friends that all do cakes. The one I gave the pink cake to comes over to help me with orders all the time so I was happy it helped her out.

justinsnaynay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justinsnaynay Posted 30 May 2009 , 8:25pm
post #17 of 22

It was lucky that your friend could use the cake but I would make him pay in full before I bake another cake for him

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:29am
post #18 of 22

That's a pretty cake! Right now, I work in a grocery store developing my skill, and I at least once or twice a week, someone doesn't pick up their cake. It makes me so angry, because I feel like my talent and time was wasted, but I can't do much about it. Unfortunately, I can't tell customers that they have to pay in advance unless it's a big cake...but trust me, when I get my own bakery...I will!!

traci Posted 31 May 2009 , 2:37am
post #19 of 22

I am so glad my friend was able to use my pink cake on her Sweet 16 design. She called me after her customer picked up the cake and she loved it!!!

At least I know that it did not go to waste.

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:38am
post #20 of 22

What a cute cake!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 2:55am
post #21 of 22

Always always get a deposit. The cake is adorable btw.

traci Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:33pm
post #22 of 22

I normally do take deposits on bigger orders. I did not think much of this one since it was only an 8 inch round cake. I guess you can't be too careful these days. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%