Friday Night Cake Club 5/29/09

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 30 May 2009 , 4:17am by pipe-dreams

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:28am
post #1 of 7

I hope this thread wasn't already started! I am taking a quick breather from a wedding cake....a big seven tiered one that the lady just ordered on FRIDAY of last week. Its a really strange story. And she wants cake decorating lessons after her wedding. icon_confused.gif

Anyway she paid in full, that's all that matters! Luckily I had a slow weekend otherwise (one other cake, a 3D Kentucky Derby hat with cupcakes) so I was able to take the order...and needed the cash too! It has 5 tiers of cake (some of them 2" tiers instead of 4") and two tiers of dummy. Its a copy from Pink Cake Box that the customer requested. You should have seen the one she REALLY wanted, I talked her out of it as it was impossible to order custom made dummies in one week. Wow.

Anyway...

Whatcha all up to tonight?

6 replies
jdelaney81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelaney81 Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:32am
post #2 of 7

Hey! I was just got on looking to see if anyone else was around. I am in the middle of 2 orders. One is two 9" rounds Hello Kitty cakes and the other is a steak on a grill. Fun times. I am just waiting for my fbct to set up.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:36am
post #3 of 7

I'm here too! Working on a four tier wedding cake - simple bc with black ribbon around the bottom of each tier and then the grooms cake which will be a treasure chest -- Hopefully it will be easy!!

Than I have birthday cake I have to do for tomorrow also.

How is everyone else coming along?

Suze

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:42am
post #4 of 7

I'm up for a bit. My orders went out earlier today but my DD bday is Sunday so I am going to get started on her cake.

jdelaney81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelaney81 Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:48am
post #5 of 7

Both of my orders are for tomorrow morning. Trying to get as much done as possible tonight. My fbct is being a little difficult tonight. I keep having to throw it back in the freezer. Making everything else take a bit longer than it should. Oh well, who needs sleep anyway?! icon_biggrin.gif

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:57am
post #6 of 7

Nothing going on for me this weekend, cakewise. Walking the Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society tomorrow night so I'm saving my energy icon_smile.gif

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:17am
post #7 of 7

I am putting some final touches on an elmo cake and a Mario cake. Both are due tomorrow at 1:30.

My Elmo has perishable filling, and covered in fondant, so I am keeping it in the fridge. Can I put buttercream on it(not sure since it is fridged) or will it be safer to finish it up in fondant? Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%