How To Annoy Me In 10 Easy Steps...

Business By crazycaker Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 7:20pm by Carolynlovescake

crazycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycaker Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 37

Customers, I just wanted to let ALL of you know how to annoy me...it's easy. I promise. It works really well, so please clip this out, and share it with your friends.

1) Plan you daughter's 3 tier shower cake 48 hours before the party.

2) Make sure you mention to me you "blew your budget" buying cheap plastic party favors over the internet. This part you did early. thumbs_up.gif

3) Ask if each torted layer of a cake can be a different flavor...wince when I mention the up-charge (see #2, plastic favor budget). icon_confused.gif

4) Don't leave the topper with me, despite me staying late at the shop for to wait for it.

5) Drop by my house and leave your party stuff on my doorstep. Still forget the topper.

6) Give me a phone number to call you at that is really your fax number. icon_confused.gif

7) Tell me there is a place for me to park at the venue, only to find when I call to confirm, there is no such place.

8 ) 2 hours before the cake is due, arrive unannounced WITH the topper. Stand there and tell me your life story for 30 minutes. Keep peeking over my shoulder to see if you can see the cake. icon_surprised.gif

9) When I look at the topper, there is no way to fit it on your tiny 4" top tier. Then tell me "to make it work."

10) Mention you are glad your daughter has a professional degree so she makes a lot of money, and does not have to work with her hands.

OK -- I feel better now. thumbs_up.gif

36 replies
juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 37

Mind if I print a copy of this to hang in my kitchen?

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 37

I laughed until I got to that last one. I have a "professional" culinary degree and a 4 year bachelors and let me tell you that I absolutely love caking, but will use the other degree until caking can pay the bills. I seriously think my head would explode if someone ever had the nerve to say that to me.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:22pm
post #4 of 37

That is too funny and so true!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:27pm
post #5 of 37

thanks for the laugh (though if I had to deal with someone like that, I'd probably cry)

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:30pm
post #6 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycaker

10) Mention you are glad your daughter has a professional degree so she makes a lot of money, and does not have to work with her hands.

I am a music teacher first and a caker second...both of which require me to work with my hands! Ha! I may work with my hands but I get summers, weekends and holidays off!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:31pm
post #7 of 37

I luv it!!!! This could be an article!!!

emilyhorton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyhorton Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:32pm
post #8 of 37

LOVE THIS! Especially #10. icon_smile.gif

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:36pm
post #9 of 37

WoW, some people don,t know when to keep their mouths close.

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:37pm
post #10 of 37

soooo.....what was she trying to prove by her comment (#10) sounds to me like she may be a bit 'uppity'? By ordering the cake @ the last minute(#1), suggesting she won't pay you much(#2), she blew you off(#4), didn't even bother to knock on your door!(#5), waits until the last minute...once again(#icon_cool.gif, and (#9)....some nerve she has!!!!

wakeandbake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wakeandbake Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:45pm
post #11 of 37

i'll bet this woman WISHES she could work with her hands because she obviously doesn't have a brain!

volleyball47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
volleyball47 Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:46pm
post #12 of 37

omg number 10 is AWFUL! what a *****

BabyBear3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyBear3 Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:47pm
post #13 of 37

wow...............that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe some people!

I had a bride call me the other day to ask if I could give her tips on how to make her own wedding cake................I said "take a Wilton Class".

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:53pm
post #14 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBear3

wow...............that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe some people!

I had a bride call me the other day to ask if I could give her tips on how to make her own wedding cake................I said "take a Wilton Class".

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:56pm
post #15 of 37

You poor thing.

Cheyanne25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cheyanne25 Posted 29 May 2009 , 9:02pm
post #16 of 37

Wow, some people. #10 is one you get in all lines of work.

I have tons of people who ask what my fiance does, when I tell them he works in construction they always get *that* look on their face lol. I've even have a few make similar comments about how they are glad they are getting an eduction so that they don't have to work with their hands. What I don't tell them is that he's 22 (23 in a few days), runs his own framing crew (the quickest in the company too, which he loves to brag to me about, but I think it's just because he's so much younger than the other foremen), owns two pieces of real estate, and is a landlord to two sets of tenants. hahaha.

When I went to my culinary course I was amazed by the different types of people who decide to pursue a skilled trade. Two of my closest friends had degrees; one in Engineering and one in Kinesiology. Both of them had decided that they had wasted time and should had gone after some good old fashion hands on work years ago.

I'd much rather be working with my hands than speaking out of my a**.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 May 2009 , 9:04pm
post #17 of 37

LOL...#10

Some people are just tactless like that. One time we were at the zoo and a lady who worked there was doing an arts and crafts project with my kids. My mom said to her, "That looks like so much fun. If I didn't have to make a living, I'd come work here with you." There was absolute silence while the rest of us wished we could just sink into the ground, and my mom was going, "What? What? I didn't say anything wrong."

The proper response to #10 would be, "Oh, working with my hands is lovely...it's dealing with b!tches like you that brings me down."

firelegs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firelegs Posted 29 May 2009 , 9:04pm
post #18 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBear3

LMBO! The nerve of some people...

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 29 May 2009 , 9:07pm
post #19 of 37

That is absolutely Hysterical!!!!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 29 May 2009 , 9:09pm
post #20 of 37

Well, you should've mentioned that brain surgeons "work with their hands" and that maybe she should call one of them for a tune-up.

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 29 May 2009 , 9:18pm
post #21 of 37

Well, you should've mentioned that brain surgeons "work with their hands" and that maybe she should call one of them for a tune-up. icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

Thats a good one! Love it!!!

jdrew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdrew Posted 29 May 2009 , 9:33pm
post #22 of 37

I use to be an airline pilot. I quit two years ago. I got sick of all the traveling. I rather be decorating cakes all day. I like working with my hands. I get a lot of enjoyment out of it.......I hope to get as good as all you guys some day.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 29 May 2009 , 9:54pm
post #23 of 37

I think it's hysterical that #10 is the one that everyone's pissed off about, because that's the one that pissed me off when I read it, too! icon_smile.gif

bobbieb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobbieb Posted 29 May 2009 , 10:04pm
post #24 of 37

Interesting... I can't think of a profession/job that doesn't require your hands at some point. If you aren't supposed to use your hands, then why did God give them to you?

mcook1670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcook1670 Posted 29 May 2009 , 10:20pm
post #25 of 37

people who work with their hands often have a higher net worth than thier "professional peers", they buy used cars, clip coupons. I have a friend who is a developer he truck is paid for years ago, along with his house, and he still makes well over $ 300k a year. Now you no hand working lawyer who leases a new porsche every tow years, can't afford his house, shops at the most expensive store has 10 gold credit cards and maybe makes $ 300K a year if he's lucky.Gee who would I rather be?

en-passant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
en-passant Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:07am
post #26 of 37

Gah.... some people just don't know how to act..

I would never let anyone treat me like that.

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 30 May 2009 , 11:24am
post #27 of 37

The "gold credit cards" reminds me of my old boss. This was when gold cards carried a hefty annual fee.

He was very impressed with himself and his cards. I had one to do the office ordering. I loved to tease him about how I was so impressed and I bet the people on the online ordering were too. icon_biggrin.gif

I also teased him, I bet the clerk at the grocery store swooned when she saw that gold card.

By the time he and I parted ways, he no longer had gold cards and got rid of the tassled loafers. icon_lol.gif

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 30 May 2009 , 11:38am
post #28 of 37

Oh Lordy, what a tactless b****.

I have a couple degrees, including one in Physiotherapy. Both physio and caking make good use of my hands, but only cake decorating gives me the artistic satisfaction I crave in being a creative person.

People with no artistic ability don't 'get it'. Period.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 30 May 2009 , 11:58am
post #29 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by justducky

The "gold credit cards" reminds me of my old boss. This was when gold cards carried a hefty annual fee.

He was very impressed with himself and his cards. I had one to do the office ordering. I loved to tease him about how I was so impressed and I bet the people on the online ordering were too. icon_biggrin.gif

I used to work in a business that took phone orders when I was in school. I always chuckled when I asked someone for their credit card number and they would say, "It's a GOLD VIP platinum ultra Visa, number 4324...." I used to think, "I don't care if it's got zebra strips, Ma'am. Just give me the number."

crazycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycaker Posted 30 May 2009 , 12:02pm
post #30 of 37

Aw. hey everyone.

Yeah. I had a BAD cake day yesterday. Super humid as well. Ended up, my husband had to come and help me deliver the cake, which was probably a life-saver, since then we got there, the only way to park was to double-park or take a hydrant. (Not something either of us do -- believe me!)

So, he said, ok, I'll try the hydrant, I guess. I rush in, he shuttles the tiers to me, and I run up to the third floor for the party (no elevators).

I think I will keep him (as a DH) however.

He waited until we were driving home to casually mention, "Yeah, the tow truck was already there by the time I got the top tier."

Yikes.

As for #10 -- I don't think it was meant to be calculated, really (though it sort of got me). It just shows she has no idea on how to make anything. No idea you do make cakes with your head -- the hands just follow.

And, in truth, I should not have taken a cake order that came with yellow flashing lights on it (just like a tow truck). Stay away! Stay away!

Thanks everyone -- the support is great. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%