Help... Please... Quick...

Decorating By CakeandDazzle Updated 28 May 2009 , 6:22pm by sadsmile

CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 28 May 2009 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 6

I didnt spray my cake pan.... i have no idea how it happened but since the cake is stuck i assume it did... i got the sides unstuck... but what do i do about the bottom... this is a big cake and a biog recipe and cant afford to remake it... both money and time wise... please please please help.

5 replies
anolan36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anolan36 Posted 28 May 2009 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 6

After i get the sides unstuck I gently place my hand on the center of the cake and jiggle.... gently pushing away slowly at every corner in a "jiggle" motion then when I place it upside down on the cake board I tap the center lightly and all edges.....then at opposite corners of the cake pan i lift up with my fingers with thumbs pushing down in the middle.....I hope that made since!!!

Also take a hot wash cloth and place over cake pan when upside down on cake board or rack / repeat as necc. until cake releases....the wet warmth will help the cake release from the pan....

Good Luck!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 28 May 2009 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know what to tell you. If that happened to me, I would try to shake it out and tap it on the counter. If it won't budge, you may have to cut down the center of it and try to get a spatula under it somehow. I haven't tried that, but I don't know what else to have you do.

Tracy79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy79 Posted 28 May 2009 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 6

I would place it upside down on a cake board and then get some warmth to the bottom of the pan. A very hot wet towel or something like that. I don't know for sure, but I think it would eventually release. Good luck!

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 28 May 2009 , 5:58pm
post #5 of 6

when i have had problems with cakes sticking at the bottom i place them upside down on a cooling rack and i smack the pan with the handle of a butter knife over and over and over. it either helps or it makes me feel better. good luck.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 28 May 2009 , 6:22pm
post #6 of 6

heat up the bottom of the cake, jiggle till feels free and flip it onto a cutting board. But fill the empty space(if there is any) in the pan by a layer of wax paper or cling wrap and a folded up kitchen towel. This way if it hasn't completely released then you flip it back and the cushion you placed will prevent the parts that have released to fall out making breakage. Heat it again and jiggle again until if feels free.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%