Mmf

Decorating By Debiann Updated 27 May 2009 , 2:16pm by Shelly4481

Debiann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debiann Posted 27 May 2009 , 11:37am
post #1 of 4

My mmf comes out looking shinny and shows every mark on my cake. what am I doing wrong?

3 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 May 2009 , 11:42am
post #2 of 4

Is your icing smooth under the MMF? Or is your MMF to thin? I roll mine out pretty thick. It just makes it easier to work with me in my opinion!

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 27 May 2009 , 11:56am
post #3 of 4

I had the same problem last night with a cake, so I decided to stop and go at it again today, strangely enough when I use to use the Wilton fondant, I never had any problems, as far as it being smoothe, no marks, wrinkles, etc. Then I heard of the Satin Ice MMF, so I thought wow this tastes great and I love how nice it looks just laying in the bucket, then I tried to work with it, and man alive, I have no clue what I am doing wrong??? I go through my normal routine and I catch myself on youtube watching people cover a cake with fondant, sad!!!! I know how to cover a cake with fondant I just do not know how thick the crumbcoat needs to be with this type of fondant nor do I know how thick the fondant should be with this type of fondant. So, if anyone has any pics of their crumbcoat and a side profile on how thick their fondant is with this type of fondant before they lay it over their cake, I would REALLY appreciate it, because at this point, I am like what on Earth is going on??? I know what I am doing with the Wilton stuff, but with SI fondant, forget about it!!!Sincerely, Veronica

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 27 May 2009 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 4

You need a coating of bc thicker than crumb coat but not tooo thick. Roll your fondant thin but not tooo thin. I think the bc under makes alot of difference. Make sure it is really smooth too. If you get a little nic or something small on the fondant you can take a little shortening (crisco) and rub on it, usually not as noticeable then.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%