Horse Head......how Much Would You Charge?

Decorating By cupcakesnbuttercream Updated 27 May 2009 , 1:01am by playingwithsugar

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:25am
post #1 of 10

I had a customer request a stand-up horse made of cake icon_confused.gif ....I can't do that, so i suggested the head of a horse instead.....how much would you charge for something like this?
LL
LL

9 replies
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:26am
post #2 of 10

oops...didn't mean to post twice...

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:35am
post #3 of 10

That might not be you posting twice. I have noticed that pics are double posting since yesterday. We had a problem with threads double, triple, up to 7 times for a while.

It may just be a new bug to work out. Hey, at least the bosses are trying to keep up with it.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:41am
post #4 of 10

oh, ok Thanks for the info.

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:46am
post #5 of 10

ok...so is there anyone out there that can help me out? I need to give the customer a reply and I don't want to go to low on the pricing.....

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:51am
post #6 of 10

i'm doing one of these this weekend! i charge a minimum of $150 for all carved cakes, but for this particular design, i estimated $7 a serving at approximately 30 servings which = $210. my client is also adding in 4 doz cc's at 2.75, so her total was $350.

i'll go ahead and say prayers for both of us!

playingwithsugar Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:54am
post #7 of 10

mixinvixen

How do you estimate servings on a carved cake? I thought the best way to charge for a carved cake was to charge according to the number of servings it takes to make the cake before carving.

Enlighten me, please.

Theresa

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:00am
post #8 of 10

this is a repeat client, so i give her a small discount...i do charge for the amount of original servings usually. i plan on baking a 12x18, but using the extra carved off pieces to create height in the design, therefore not having to bake a second layer.

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:01am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

i'm doing one of these this weekend! i charge a minimum of $150 for all carved cakes, but for this particular design, i estimated $7 a serving at approximately 30 servings which = $210. my client is also adding in 4 doz cc's at 2.75, so her total was $350.

i'll go ahead and say prayers for both of us!

COOL! well let me know how that goes, please! I haven't done one of these yet and it looks like a lot of carving!!!!....and yes, do keep me in your prayers! Although I have a feeling I won't be doing this cake for this customer...because she mentioned being 'able to afford' the cake.....

playingwithsugar Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:01am
post #10 of 10

Got it. Thanks!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%