Cake For An Outside Party

Decorating By FatFace Updated 28 May 2009 , 5:18pm by anolan36

FatFace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatFace Posted 26 May 2009 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 9

I have to make a large cake that will be sitting outside for an event. The cake is too large to be kept in the box. Is there anything that I can put on the cake to protect it from bugs, flying dirt, etc? Is there such a thing as a cake net?

8 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 9

I don't know about cake nets. How large is the cake? I'm thinking sitting the cake on the table and have a much larger box, taller and wider (UPS store or a box from a moving co) than the cake and placing the box over it. I hope this helps.

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 9

what about putting the cake on a table setting it up and then useing plastic table clothes to put over it and tape them to the under side of the table so bugs cant get in.

adamt01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamt01 Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 9

would a mosquito net work?

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 9

If no access to net buy some tulle. (the stuff they use in weddings, it is a fine net like material and not very expensive)

FatFace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatFace Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:02pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks for all of your helpful ideas.

VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:32pm
post #7 of 9

What about a clear plastic tub turned upside down. I use these to transport my cakes as well. You can get different heights and sizes. icon_wink.gif

Vicki

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:17am
post #8 of 9

I personally wouldn't want my cake covered in a box to be displayed. I'd try to set it up with some type of net and make it look really nice.

anolan36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anolan36 Posted 28 May 2009 , 5:18pm
post #9 of 9

What about the mosquito like netting they some time hang over beds? If it was set up under a canopy or some thing you could suspend the netting from the top/roof of canopy/whatever and let it cascade down around the cake it would look beautiful and magestic. They have those netting at target....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%