Here's My Idea...what Do You Think?

Lounge By umgrzfn Updated 27 May 2009 , 3:07am by jammjenks

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 26 May 2009 , 6:23am
post #1 of 9

I was thinking about having the local radio station do a little contest for me. I thought about having people give me their ideas for a store name. Something cute. If their name is chosen, then they would get a free cake of their choosing (birthday, shower, etc). Within a limit of course. What do you all think?
Thanks in advance!!
Cara

8 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 26 May 2009 , 10:56am
post #2 of 9

I think thats a cool idea. Just hope that someone sugggests a name that you would actually like.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 26 May 2009 , 11:44am
post #3 of 9

That's a great idea! Not only will you get some good ideas (hopefully!) for names, but it's a great way to get word out that there's a new cake shop in town!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:49pm
post #4 of 9

That is a good idea, but we CCers have been known to pick out great names. Maybe you could try us out...then you wouldn't have to give away a free cake (unless you just wanted to). thumbs_up.gif

umgrzfn Posted 26 May 2009 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 9

Excellent idea jammjenks! How bout it. I would like something cute, catchy (of course, doesn't everyone icon_wink.gif ) But mainly different. If you need any other info, just let me know. I absolutely love this site. Everyone is so helpful!!

jammjenks Posted 26 May 2009 , 3:52pm
post #6 of 9

Well, let me brainstorm a bit...

Tell us about your area (other than just Montana).
What kind of sweets do you want to sell?
Do you have other interests?

bebea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bebea Posted 26 May 2009 , 5:10pm
post #7 of 9

that is a neat idea, esp if you have an independent/college radio station in your area! great way to get your name out there!

umgrzfn Posted 27 May 2009 , 2:23am
post #8 of 9

Well, lets see. I love the U of M Grizzlies. The main thing I want to focus on are cakes, but would like to incorporate Apple fritters, crepes, mini donuts, and maybe some other small stuff. Nothing major except for the cakes. Hmmmm, other interests....I love scrapbooking and sewing (my website is http://HopeLoveLaugh.yolasite.com ). Oh, and I'm a diabetic so would like to also make SF items that are low in carbs etc. Ummmm, my fave colors are pink and purple (besides the maroon and silver for the griz icon_wink.gif ). The area that I currently live in is by Tacoma Washington. Lets see, is that enough info, maybe TMI?! icon_confused.gif I'm looking forward to your ideas jammjenks! icon_biggrin.gif

jammjenks Posted 27 May 2009 , 3:07am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by umgrzfn

Well, lets see. I love the U of M Grizzlies. The main thing I want to focus on are cakes, but would like to incorporate Apple fritters, crepes, mini donuts, and maybe some other small stuff. Nothing major except for the cakes. Hmmmm, other interests....I love scrapbooking and sewing (my website is http://HopeLoveLaugh.yolasite.com ). Oh, and I'm a diabetic so would like to also make SF items that are low in carbs etc. Ummmm, my fave colors are pink and purple (besides the maroon and silver for the griz icon_wink.gif ). The area that I currently live in is by Tacoma Washington. Lets see, is that enough info, maybe TMI?! icon_confused.gif I'm looking forward to your ideas jammjenks! icon_biggrin.gif

Never TMI. I have an ongoing list at work of names that I write down when one comes to mind. I'll look and see what may fit tomorrow. (when I'm supposed to be working) thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%