Filling For A Strawberry Cake?

Decorating By cheesecakes-galore Updated 25 May 2009 , 10:00pm by icer101

cheesecakes-galore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheesecakes-galore Posted 24 May 2009 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 10

I have a request for a layered strawberry cake with a filling for next weekend. It is for a friends wedding and they told me to pick a fillling. I would like it to be something different and delicious! My first thought was cream cheese, but I've done that before. I also thought about a bavarian cream or something similar.

Any ideas of what would be good? The groom is allergic to chocolate, so I have to stay away from that, including white chocolate.

Oh, and the cake will be frosted with buttercream and have fondant accents.

9 replies
patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 24 May 2009 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 10

See I was going to say chocolate.....now what??? Maybe banana or champagne?
Here's a link to ideas http://www.ladycakes.com/Recipes/Fillings/fillings.htm

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 24 May 2009 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 10

My very first thought was cream cheese or a cheesecake filling. But since chocolate is out, then my second thought would be banana or strawberry. HTH K'ly

cheesecakes-galore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheesecakes-galore Posted 25 May 2009 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks for the resposes. Now I am thinking of maybe a whipped cream with fresh sliced strawberries in it. Will that be too much strawberries?

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 25 May 2009 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecakes galore

Thanks for the resposes. Now I am thinking of maybe a whipped cream with fresh sliced strawberries in it. Will that be too much strawberries?

I dont think so at all. I was also thinking about some sorta sweet cream icing, but didn't suggest it because I didn't have a recipe.

cookinmama87410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookinmama87410 Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:34pm
post #6 of 10

This is a little different but would be good. How bout a lemon curd filling and call it a strawberry lemonade cake??

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:37pm
post #7 of 10

what about white chocolate ganache...cheesecake flavored pudding...or white chocolate flavored pudding?

sharless Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharless Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:40pm
post #8 of 10

I just made a strawberry cake and used the strawberry buttercream recipe in the recipes section. It was very good. Made a LOT of buttercream though, so you might want to cut down the recipe if you use it!

cookinmama87410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookinmama87410 Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:46pm
post #9 of 10

or a lime curd filling and it would be a strawberry limeade.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:00pm
post #10 of 10

i made a strawberry mousse that i got from www.recipezaar.com.. i stabliized the whip cream using fresh squeezed orange juice ...1/4 cup ... instead of water..with 1 envelope of knox gelatin ... you heat this over low heat in a double boiler.. i used fresh strawberries that i sliced up and put sugar over them.. let sat awhile.. then took them out of the juice and chopped up ..added this to the gelatin mix.. put in blender and blended.. then chilled in frig.. for about 10 minutes.. then i beat 1 cup of heavy cream with several tablespoons of powder sugar and tsp. or so of vanilla. beat until stiff peaks form.. then you add the fruit mixture to this by folding in with a spatula.. i also chopped more fresh strawberries that had sat in sugar.. and added this to the mixture..it was really good. my daughter loved it.. i am making an orange cake.. next week end for my grandson. and i am going to do this the same way .. using mandarin oranges.. i hope it turns out good. hope i have made sense with these instructions.. i usually double or triple filling recipes .. so that i know i will have enough..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%