How To Transport 144 Mini Cupcakes!

Decorating By mommyle Updated 17 Dec 2012 , 8:50pm by Jackie80

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 24 May 2009 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 23

So I had to deliver 900 mini cupcakes. packaged like this I was able to get roughly 150 cupcakes into one sheetcake box.

If I see another cupcake again, I might throw up!!!!!
LL
LL

22 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 24 May 2009 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 23

I'm confused! You transported 900 cupcakes...but the subject line of your thread is "how to transport 144 cupcakes".

mommyle Posted 24 May 2009 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 23

Oh, yeah, I explained it better the first time I tried to post the photos, and then had to re-type. I had 6 of these sheetcake boxes filled with 150 cupcakes. So 900 in 6 sheetcake boxes.

Did that explain it better????

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 24 May 2009 , 11:47pm
post #4 of 23

Yep! Got it now! Your cupcakes looked wonderful btw!

kathy164 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy164 Posted 24 May 2009 , 11:58pm
post #5 of 23

oh my goodness. May I ask, in the second photo, it looks like you have two layers of the cupcakes. how did you separate the layers and not have them smash the bottom layer? Thank you, and WOW thats a lot of cupcakes. Great job!

mommyle Posted 25 May 2009 , 2:05am
post #6 of 23

That was the first photo. I cut a 2" wide strip and taped it to the bottom of the box so that I could put the top layer on. That's why it looks like there are 2 outside rows of cupcakes and then a square of cupcakes inside.

kathy164 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy164 Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:37pm
post #7 of 23

OK, thank you for clarifying. How long did it take you to bake and decorate the 900? I can not imagine doing that many I have done 100 but, wow, 900? Great job!

mommyle Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:43pm
post #8 of 23

it takes about 18 hours total. I had the oven going at the same time as the mixer. It was nuts!!!! I actually decorated them in the box so that I wasn't trying to muck around with them with the icing.

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 25 May 2009 , 8:16pm
post #9 of 23

Out of curiosity, what did you charge for all of these?

mommyle Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:06pm
post #10 of 23

I would have charged about $500. But good friends and you know how it goes.... The girl getting married used to baby-sit my oldest.... So less than that, but I swore them to not tell anyone the real amount!!!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:16pm
post #11 of 23

wow...my hands would be falling off right now! icon_eek.gif
those look good...you betta hope they don't tell anyone how much you charged. you know how people are, when they hear a good bargain. icon_cool.gif

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:35pm
post #12 of 23

WOW!! Thanks for the great idea! I'll definitely save this post icon_biggrin.gif
I would have to rent a van or truck to get all those boxes to the site (or make 6 trips)! Did you stack the boxes? Did you reinforce the bottom of each full sheet box?

mommyle Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:16am
post #13 of 23

I buy the better quality boxes, so they are more sturdy than the Wilton ones. You could probably stack them, but only ONE on top of another (I found that out the hard way one time!) if they are going the same way, but if you stagger them you can get about 3 or 4 high. I have a CRV, and the back is a split level, so I was able to get three boxes on the bottom shelf, and 3 on the top with the 2 stands for display, and I kept the cutting cake with me in the front.

sweetiesbykim Posted 26 May 2009 , 3:45am
post #14 of 23

I think I might have to retire my Honda Prelude from it's delivery career icon_lol.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 26 May 2009 , 5:23am
post #15 of 23

cool idea! When I had to do this I used tissue paper rolls like pillars on the bottom layer to hold up the second layer. Lovely cupcakes! But yeah I can understand how you'd be *sick* of them for a while hehe. great job!

DollyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DollyCakes Posted 26 May 2009 , 3:31pm
post #16 of 23

ugh! We did an event where we made 650 minis filled with ganache last year complete with 650 gumpaste luster dusted flowers - it was A LOT of work! And the event is coming up again in 2 weeks....I'm started to dread it now! LOL!

That's a lot of cuppies - good job!

beldandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beldandy Posted 27 May 2009 , 10:39am
post #17 of 23

I'm just finished baking 1000 mini cuppies for my niece wedding. Will upload here once it finished with decoration yah!

sweetiesbykim Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:59pm
post #18 of 23

WOW! What the fastest way to fill that many paper cups with batter, in your experience? I use large ice cream scoops of different sizes for large cuppies and cookie doughs, but didn't know if it would be faster to pour batter, or maybe put through a funnel like funnel cakes?

mommyle Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:56pm
post #19 of 23

NO!!!!! Use the meatball size scooper! It is PERFECT! And the baking time is exactly 13 min at 350. And one WASC recipe does over 100. I actually had 4 tins for 12 minis (my DD's play set, go figure) and then I bought 2 x 24 minis. I filled one set (so 48 goes into the oven at a time, I don't have a convection oven), and I got 2 oven times (so 96 cuppies) and then a small tray left over. It actually went really quickly! I just put on some TV shows that I had TVO'd, and away I went!

sweetiesbykim Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:59pm
post #20 of 23

mommyle-Thanks so much for all your info!!!!!!!!!!!!

mommyle Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:05pm
post #21 of 23

My pleasure! Glad I could help!

DollyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DollyCakes Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 10:24pm
post #22 of 23

We use large disposable icing bags and fill them up with batter and cut a small hole in the end. It's perfect for filling those small mini cuppie holders!

Jackie80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie80 Posted 17 Dec 2012 , 8:50pm
post #23 of 23

I know I'm super late but geesh, even for $500 is underpriced I would say. That's alot of work. Kudos to you tho'icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%