Heavy Whipping Cream And Pudding Mix Filling

Decorating By fosterscreations Updated 24 May 2009 , 11:39am by Kerry_Kake

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:39am
post #1 of 7

I know this filing needs to refridgerated prior to use but how long can a cake with this type of filling be out?

I am not allowed to use fillings that require refridgeration. So I have only used it on cakes that are eaten within an 1 or 2 of being made.

6 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 24 May 2009 , 1:39am
post #2 of 7

I have no idea! I hope you get your answer!

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 24 May 2009 , 2:50am
post #3 of 7

Why don't you go with bettercreme, it's non dairy. Once you whip it , the emulsification enables it to maintain its dairy taste without refrig.

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:39am
post #4 of 7

Is there a recipe on here for the bettercreme? I did a search in recipes, but it didn't bring anything up.
Thanks in advance icon_wink.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 May 2009 , 9:12am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterscreations

I know this filing needs to refridgerated prior to use but how long can a cake with this type of filling be out?

I am not allowed to use fillings that require refridgeration. So I have only used it on cakes that are eaten within an 1 or 2 of being made.

The pudding mix and whipping cream filling is perishable, so it requires refrigeration. The maximum amount of time this filled cake can be without refrigeration for serving is two hours.

Unused portions that are returned within the two hour time frame can be thoroughly chilled and then served again later (but again the filled cake can't be out for more than two hours).

Rich's Bettercreme is a non-dairy, shelf stable product that can be purchased as a liquid and whipped prior to use, or purchased prewhipped in buckets.

Playingwithsugar just gave a great description in this thread:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-632845-.html

Here's ShirleyW's recipe for faux bavarian cream using instant pudding mix and Pastry Pride/Rich's Bettercreme:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2396-Bavarian-Cream-Filling.html

HTH

mellee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellee Posted 24 May 2009 , 11:30am
post #6 of 7

Ski, a LOT of us would like to go with Bettercreme or a similar product, but we can't get it where we live! I notice you live in Buffalo, home of Rich's Products, so you are lucky you can get it. icon_smile.gif

Kerry_Kake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kerry_Kake Posted 24 May 2009 , 11:39am
post #7 of 7

Is CoolWhip a similar product to Bettercreme?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%