Oreo Cake Xp

Decorating By rharris524 Updated 20 May 2009 , 8:27pm by misabel99

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 6

I've gotten a request for Oreo cake... I was thinking that I'd do a vanilla cake with crushed Oreos in it. Does that work? Any tips or recipes to try? Also, I'd like a good chocolate filling of some sort, maybe a ganache, that will hold up to South Florida temperatures. It is only going to be a small (8in round), fairly simple cake but any decorating ideas would be appreciated.

5 replies
ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 6

Can't help you with an actual Oreo cake... But I know this filling goes well inside of a chocolate cake and does not need refrigaration.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-5773-0-Oreo-Filling.html

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 6

It works. I made it several years ago and have not made it again. I think that it just did not stand out as a cake I had to have again, but that doesn't mean others will not love it. If memory serves, I think the larger chunks of cookies did not hold their crunch, they were softer(a good thing for a cake). I can't help with the frosting. I used BC with crushed oreos, but I am sure the chocolate would be a better choice.

SugarLover2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarLover2 Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 6

I made a chocolate cake with a filling of crushed oreo's (super crushed) and heavy cream. Whip the cream until it's thick like whipped cream then fold in the oreo's. YUM!!

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 6

If you look on Kraft.com there is a recipe for a cake that looks like a giant oreo. Super yummy!

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 20 May 2009 , 8:27pm
post #6 of 6

right here in CC there is a recipe for a oreo Cupcakes and it's delicious

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%