Gold Bc?

Decorating By chassidyg Updated 20 May 2009 , 2:29pm by summernoelle

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 19 May 2009 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 7

I need to make gold buttercream, cake color didnt get decided until a lil bit ago, I have orange coloring, ivory coloring, yellow food coloring, red, could I combine anything to get gold? I do know I'm putting a color wheel on my wishlist though!

Thanks for all help!

6 replies
jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 7

yellow with a touch of brown with get a golden yellow. I am not sure if you can and ivory to yellow, it may be peachy. Looking for my wheel but a bump until I find it.

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 7

Americolor has gold.

JenniferHeath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferHeath Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:16am
post #4 of 7

Where can you purchase Americolor and a color wheel? Wow, a whole new world has opened up!!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 20 May 2009 , 12:49pm
post #5 of 7

Hobby Lobby will have a color wheel in the painting section that will give you a basic start. Americolor can be ordered on line or a few places in DFW have them. Years ago I got an americolor color wheel and love it. It shows what americolors to use to make other colors. I guess it is more like a color chart. Still looking for it. Will try and post it when I find it. Americolor is really a good product, one you use it you will wonder why you ever used anything else!

JenniferHeath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferHeath Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:27pm
post #6 of 7

Great I can't wait!! Off to Hobby Lobby!!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:29pm
post #7 of 7

I use Americolor Gold. It's what I used for the gold cake in my galleries, and was perfect!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%