Does Anyone Use Hartford Insurance Company For Liability Ins

Business By steddy1974 Updated 20 May 2009 , 2:14am by steddy1974

steddy1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steddy1974 Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:03am
post #1 of 11

I am looking for liability insurance for my business and I have received quotes from Hartford for $350, Haleysville for $500 and Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation for $590. I am wondering why there is such a difference. Does anyone have any experience with any of these companies or any other companies I should look at? Any help would be appreciated.


10 replies
Confectioners_Conundrum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectioners_Conundrum Posted 19 May 2009 , 2:05am
post #2 of 11

I was getting ready to ask this question too! I was told that I need product liability insurance and I have no idea where to start...anyone with advise would be a big help!

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 19 May 2009 , 2:15am
post #3 of 11

As I"m sure indydebi will come along and say, you truly need to go to a storefront agent for business liaility insurance. It's not something to purchase online, and the agent will be able to explain all the riders, deductibles, limitations, etc.

leepat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leepat Posted 19 May 2009 , 7:18pm
post #4 of 11

I have Hartford insurance, for my shop, I bought the policy from my insurance agent, it is $300,000 liability. I have not had to use it so I guess it is okay.

SugarLover2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarLover2 Posted 19 May 2009 , 7:30pm
post #5 of 11

We write with both Hartford and Harleysville here in the insurance agency I work at. They both are good, but each company offers subtle differences in their policies. Your best bet would be to ask what the differences are from your agent. Companies each have their own rating systems and believe it or not, they can be totally different. Not only that, but some companies are more willing to hand out credits to the policy than others.

Bottom line-get the quotes in writing and then ask your agent what the differences are. Let them know exactly what you do business wise so they can help you decide the best policy for you.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:17pm
post #6 of 11

My old company used to use Hartford for car insurance. They used them for several years. They probably used them for stores (although clothing stores) as well. I just know for sure that they used Hartford for car insurance because I had a company car and their name was on the little card. I'm pretty sure they were happy with them!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:23pm
post #7 of 11

Mine is $525/yr from Zurich, and they cover me working from my home kitchen.

Bethkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethkay Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:12pm
post #8 of 11

I use Hartford for my liability insurance. It runs around $350 a year. I worked with an Independent Agent to purchase my policy. He said that in his experience, Hartford offered the best coverage, and was the easiest to deal with in the event of a claim. thumbs_up.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:15pm
post #9 of 11

I think Hartford does not offer that kind of liability in my area, I think we asked about that. Maybe because its a big city, lots of lawsuits, I dunno.

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:19pm
post #10 of 11

My independent agent quoted me $248 for $1 million per occurence, $2Mil aggregate and $5,000 medical.

steddy1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steddy1974 Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:14am
post #11 of 11

Thanks so much!


Quote by @%username% on %date%