Wish Me Luck Today - Live Bowls Between Cake Tiers!

Decorating By jenng1482 Updated 18 May 2009 , 3:56pm by mommyle

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 15 May 2009 , 6:42pm
post #31 of 49

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, concerns, and ideas. I will post pics just as soon as i can. The party is tonight

cms2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cms2 Posted 15 May 2009 , 8:27pm
post #32 of 49

Good for you to have the guts to do something so bold. thumbs_up.gif I personally would be terrified of them either dying or crapping. I've got my fingers crossed that it all works out! Can't wait to see the picture!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 17 May 2009 , 3:59pm
post #33 of 49

SO? Now we need a picture. Did the cute little fishies survive? Did the cake survive?

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:04pm
post #34 of 49

Update, please!!!

Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:23pm
post #35 of 49

I wish people would lighten up a little icon_smile.gif Fish will be fish...they're gonna poop no matter what. but really its not like gigantic poop balls floating in the water that everyone will be staring at! Don't any of you have an aquarium?!?!?!
Now as for the air issue...most fish get air from the water yes...but the water gets its air from the air! So there would be an issue but only after hrs and hrs. And don't waste your breath arguing with me b/c I used to be a marine biologist (yes I really was and now I'm a cake decorator....realize they don't have anything to do with each other but that is my life..."shrug")

I say go for it but be careful! Good luck and I'd love o see pics!

Ruth0209 Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:31pm
post #36 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice1230

I wish people would lighten up a little icon_smile.gif Fish will be fish...they're gonna poop no matter what. but really its not like gigantic poop balls floating in the water that everyone will be staring at! Don't any of you have an aquarium?!?!?!
Now as for the air issue...most fish get air from the water yes...but the water gets its air from the air! So there would be an issue but only after hrs and hrs. And don't waste your breath arguing with me b/c I used to be a marine biologist (yes I really was and now I'm a cake decorator....realize they don't have anything to do with each other but that is my life..."shrug")

Thank you! I couldn't agree with you more.

Alice1230 Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:36pm
post #37 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

Quote:

Thank you! I couldn't agree with you more.

HA HA! couldn't resist the pooping thing icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Ruth0209 Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:41pm
post #38 of 49

I know. My SIL won't swim in lakes because fish have pooped in them. You'd think her legs would dissolve.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:47pm
post #39 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawdroppingCakes

You should buy the beta fish....they dont need any air. They sell them at Wal-Mart on the shelves in the pet department. They sit in their own container with a lid and no air so they shouldn't die.

Oh, and good luck!

i have to politely and with respect disagree.i've raised bettas for ten years bettas are air breathers they have labrynth organ* that allows them to breathe air, infact if no access to air is allowed they can for a time breathe with their gills like other fish but- will suffocate and die. i'm not trying to cause any flaming but just giving some information. your bettas Do need to breathe and have access to air. those cups their sold in are horrid but do have vents that allow air in and out.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siamese_fighting_fish
(just information on the breathing organ for the betta)

however on a lighter note if this is done properly which i have seen some cakes with fish bowls, they look very creative and i would love to see pics icon_smile.gif

**post edit** OOPs thanks my fellow fish fanatic friend Auryn. I missed your post!

Alice1230 Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:47pm
post #40 of 49

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I would maybe remind her that things poop on land too, although she might develop a complex icon_razz.gif

Ruth0209 Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:56pm
post #41 of 49
Quote:

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I would maybe remind her that things poop on land too, although she might develop a complex icon_razz.gif

Ha! I'm sure it'll come as no surprise for me to tell you that she already has just about every complex imaginable already. She won't eat bread that's more than a day old; actually she has a long list of things she won't eat. She has all kinds of dislikes and "I won't do's..." I could go on forever, but I don't want to hijack the thread! I really just wanted to see the fish bowls. icon_smile.gif

Alice1230 Posted 17 May 2009 , 4:58pm
post #42 of 49

Me too!!! where are the pics?!?!?! I hope op posts them soon!

dang it...its time for sunday lunch too...I'd better go before I rile up the in laws....hope there are pics when I get back!

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 17 May 2009 , 5:24pm
post #43 of 49

Here is a cake with the same idea, I soooooo want to have an occasion to make one!!! Looks cool!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1217951

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 17 May 2009 , 11:46pm
post #44 of 49

Okay everyone, pics are posted! Sorry it took me so long to get them up, my boyfriend took me one suprise vacation for our one-year anniversary to a beautiful cabin the Black Hills.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1371449

lilboo529 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilboo529 Posted 17 May 2009 , 11:56pm
post #45 of 49

awsome job...glad it all worked out i love that idea

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 18 May 2009 , 2:29pm
post #46 of 49

Awesome job!!! It looks great. And just to clarify to GenGen, when I said that betas don't need air I meant that they don't need an air pump to give them air. I have betas in my daughters room so I know they don't need pumps and that they do need air but I guess I had just written it wrong.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 18 May 2009 , 2:36pm
post #47 of 49
Quote:

I know. My SIL won't swim in lakes because fish have pooped in them. You'd think her legs would dissolve.

Does she know what goes on in pools?

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 18 May 2009 , 2:52pm
post #48 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

Quote:

Does she know what goes on in pools?

Cutthecake You are so right, I am a licensed pool contractor here in FL, I would not ever, ever, ever!!! go into a public pool.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 18 May 2009 , 3:56pm
post #49 of 49

That is awesome! I totally love that!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%