Pricing For Edible Image Cookie??? Need To Know Quickly...

Baking By verono Updated 18 May 2009 , 4:12pm by luv2bake6

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 9

I've been asked to do cookie with an edible image on it... I've never done it but I've got an epson nx300 printer, got my frosting sheet and I'm waiting for my edible ink...

Do you charge the same as you other cookies? (.75-1.00$ an inch?)

8 replies
LesGateauxCheri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LesGateauxCheri Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:55am
post #2 of 9

Good question. I just bought a printer as well and I'm waiting for my kopykake order. I was planning on charging more for the edible images. What does everyone else do?

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:05am
post #3 of 9

I havent used any ei's yet, but I would figure out how much it costs...to print it, for the ink, the paper etc. then add that to the order. I would def. charge more than my reg. cookies.

HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:18am
post #4 of 9

I just ordered my EI printer too!

When I do sell them I just planned on breaking down the frosting sheets by individual price and then how many cookies I get out of it. Add on extra for the ink and then add that to the top of my already iced cookies which will be $2.50 each. I'm guessing the will be around $3.50 each, unless they are bigger or smaller than a 3"-5" cookie.

Good luck!

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:22am
post #5 of 9

I charge $1.75 for my 2.5" EI cookies and $3.00 for my 3.5" and business card EI cookies. Individual packaging is included

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 13 May 2009 , 4:53pm
post #6 of 9

It all depends on how big the cookie is and how many frosting circles come on a page.
Since there are only 6 3.25" frosting circles on a page, and a cookie to fit that would be 3.5-4 inches, i charge $3 each.
For business card size where there are 10 images per page and the cookies are smaller, i charge $2.75.
For 2.5 inch circles that are on 3-inch cookies, i charge $2.50.

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 13 May 2009 , 5:30pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you very much!

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 18 May 2009 , 3:27pm
post #8 of 9

I was just thinking about this today, I was going to add $5 per dozen to the cost of the cookies. I saw this on a few cookie sites. What do you think?

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 18 May 2009 , 4:12pm
post #9 of 9

Just figure out how much the frosting sheets and the ink will cost you and then how much you want for your work. Decorating cookies is cheaper but more labor intensive, while edible images are more costly and less labor intensive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%