Love My New Epsom Printer

Decorating By zdebssweetsj Updated 11 May 2009 , 10:37am by RosieC

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:10am
post #1 of 6

I got a epsom nx200 printer a few weeks ago. after a few rough starts, (trouble with clogging) I finally got the chance to play with it here is a picture of lukes bd cake.
LL

5 replies
bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:28am
post #2 of 6

That cake looks beautiful. I was thinking of making that investment. Well actually, I've begged hubby for it for like 2 months now and he finally agreed. I looked at the Kwikscan system and its $500, I know I can use other compatible printers...but once you purchase the printer with paper and ink cartridges...doesn't it round out to about that much anyway.

Is the system hard to use...I'm kinda tech illiterate ya know.LOL

zdebssweetsj Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:57am
post #3 of 6

I,m the original how do you turn it on gal, it's not hard to use go to the kopy kake web site it will give you a list of printers that are compatable with the copy cake ink and frosting sheets. I think i bought my epsom nx200 for about $50 at Target. the ink and paper, and head cleaner were about $120.(I think)

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 11 May 2009 , 8:11am
post #4 of 6

Thats good to know that it's easy to use. Your images on the cake look flawless, it makes the cake look awesome, and you saved soooooo much mula by not getting that machine for $500. I think I'll follow your lead and head full speed to my local Target or Walmart and grab that printer that you have. I wonder why Kopykake charges so much, thats absolutely ridiculous.

Oh, do you know if those images can be used on fondant too??

zdebssweetsj Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:40am
post #5 of 6

Yes, I have used them on fondant, works great. Be sure to check out which printer is prefered, We have had a lot of trouble with the print head clogging up, make sure you order the head cleaner. I've started doing a print head check daily, just to prevent clogging it seems to help. At least with the all-in-one type printers you can scan images also. Good luck I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do.

RosieC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RosieC Posted 11 May 2009 , 10:37am
post #6 of 6

I have the Epson NX400. Got if for Christmas and so far no problems with clogging or anything (knocking on wood). Don't know the difference in the 200 and 400 but just thought I'd let you know mine's done well so far. I don't use it that often either but I read that you should maybe turn it on quite often just to let it do the cycle thing it does to sort of shake up the ink. But I have enjoyed using it...sure makes a quickie of decorating at times.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%