Update On Melvira's Oldest...

Lounge By Melvira Updated 22 May 2009 , 7:29pm by aquamom

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:00am
post #1 of 89

Hi to all my lovely cake friends that I've been missing. Haven't been around much since I've been so busy, but I know the Cake Aunties need an update on one of their favorite little cupcakes!

My big guy is having his next surgery on Tuesday. This will be what they call a "Cleft Rhinoplasty" where they will do some work on his nose. It should be a less invasive procedure than his previous surgeries, and we will most likely only be in the hospital for one night. But, we still want and need your thoughts and prayers for him!

I also wanted to share a strange story and find out if anyone had more information about it...

Any of you who've read previous stories about my son (the same one that is having the surgery) knows that he has had some pretty amazing occurances in his life, but this new one is a total mystery.

We were at my mom's house and I ran an errand while my sis and mom were playing with him. He went into the kitchen and picked up a little cup, wiped it out with a towel, then held it up into the air between his hands and started to chant, "Ignatius Matyrium" over and over. They asked him if he was chanting 'Ignatius Matyrium' and he said 'yah'. (It took a few times to figure out exactly what he was saying.) So, when we got home I did some internet research and what I came up with was this:

*"Ignatius" Bishop of Antioch noted especially for his epistles. He was martyred during the reign of the Roman emperor Trajan.
*"Matyrium" a church built above the tomb of a martyr or in honor of a martyr

So, I am kind of wondering what in the heck!! I had never heard this term before, so I know he hasn't. Does anyone know more about this? I know there are some people here that have a lot of religious education and training, so if any of you have some insight here, let me know!!

Otherwise, thank you all for your love and compassion for my little guy!!

88 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:48am
post #2 of 89

Hey Mel,

First off..........sending your little guy prayers and good wishes on this next surgery! I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers for sure.

I'm not sure about the chant.......I'm wondering if he saw it in a movie, cartoon or video game. Did you ask him where he heard it?

crazyteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyteach Posted 11 May 2009 , 1:01pm
post #3 of 89

Hey Melvira-- I wanted to send your son prayers and best wishes. My son-now 19- has been through multiple surgeries his whole life, been on hemodialysis and is now waiting another kidney transplant-- so I definitely understand what you are going through. I wish you both well. I am not sure what it was he was doing, but my son would always pray-- even at the age of 2. He would get real quiet and I would ask him what he was doing and-- he would say " talking to God!" -- so there is something there.

Good luck!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 11 May 2009 , 1:21pm
post #4 of 89

He is in thought and prayer along with the rest of your family. I don't think surgery is a "minor" thing to go thru.

As far as the chant, as him about it. You never know where it came from but he might. Kinda reminds me of the Christmas movie, Polar Express. Children have their hearts, minds, and ears open but as adults we learn to as why and prove it.

Melvira Posted 11 May 2009 , 1:30pm
post #5 of 89

Thanks for the well wishes! I appreciate them all!

As for the chant, I am going to try to ask him more about it, just didn't want to pressure him. He doesn't play (we don't own) video games other than his preschool leapfrog stuff, so I know it's not from there. We only watch nickelodeon and Food Network, so I don't think it's from TV. We're not Catholic, we're Lutheran, so it's not like he heard it in church. It's just odd. I am very interested to find out where it comes from. He is a very 'in tune' little boy... gets it from his mommy! I am just excited that he has displayed these unique characteristics. I hope he doesn't lose them. thumbs_up.gif I will definitely post an update tomorrow evening after we've settled in and he's feeling ok.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:42pm
post #6 of 89

My love and good energy is going out to your son and all of your family.

I am so glad to hear that you are not scared by how in tune he is and that you want him to stay in touch with it.

I think regardless of what religion anyone is there are always spirits and energies around us that some people are more open to then others.

I would love to hear what he says when you get a chance to talk to him about it.

All my good wishes out to you.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:56pm
post #7 of 89

Hey Mel!!

Of course Alex will be in my thoughts and prayers for protection and a speedy recovery.

Could Alex have heard on a documentary about St. Ignatius' martyrdom and is just mispronouncing martyrdom? Maybe something came on the tv or he overheard some program speaking of it. I would agree with others that children are very intune with their surroundings (spiritually or otherwise). I think he would enjoy sitting down with you and "dropping some knowledge on the theology tip" (still gangsta), so just put it to him like, "Hey, you said something the other day that I thought was really cool. Can you tell me what it means?"

It's good to talk to you again...dare I say, "I've missed you"...sniff.

jlynnw Posted 11 May 2009 , 4:13pm
post #8 of 89

The history channel just has a thing on about him, like just in the past week or so. Mentioned this to DH and he recognized it from there. IDK, is there any chance on him hearing the history channel.

Misa-chan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misa-chan Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:15pm
post #9 of 89

I wanted to say my thoughts and prayers are with your son ^^; if you don't mind a pagan's prayers.

Second weelll I guess it could be History channel if he watches it, if not, ever thought of past life experiences?

My youngest sister (10 yrs old), when she was younger, she used to say strange things or tell my mom she was playing " with the other little girl", turns out the 'other little girl" is the ghost we have in our house.

Tita9499 Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:29pm
post #10 of 89

I always wanted to ask someone this question. How do you know that you have a ghost in your house?

Misa-chan Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:00pm
post #11 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

I always wanted to ask someone this question. How do you know that you have a ghost in your house?

Oohh that I can answer.

I guess it depends from people to people. I can see/feel and hear ghosts. So at some point I saw this little girl walk in the hallway. It couldn't be mom or both my sisters since they were outside. I felt being watched, heard my name being called.

Cold "spots" in a house can also indicate an entity. I had paranormal investigators come over, just to prove that I wasn't going nuts and we have two ghosts in our apartment.

jlynnw Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:04pm
post #12 of 89

Tita you just know. My DS has always been "special". He has had different things in his life that make you wonder. He also has a lot of behavioral issues. While I was recovering from a major surgery, I just was at wits end with him. I had a hard time breathing and moving and a 6 month old baby. He would come in and say things, mama, she wants you to drink more water, get up and walk. Late at night he would be in bed talking with someone. We would tell him to be quiet and go to bed. He would tell us she is reading to me, telling me a story, and the like. When he was about 4, 2 years later, we got tired of the whole thing. I had bought a book he never had read to him or been around. He told me Miss Lisa had read it to him. Fine, fine, just what was the book about. He knew the book! Kinda creepy.

We were talking with our landlord about it. His wife, Lisa had died in the house. She was a nurse and took care of special needs children at the childrens hospital before they moved into our house. DS has always been in touch with things like that. Some people believe others questions, others flat out call you liars. He has been in house and can tell you strange tales about the place. He feels the change in temps, feels or see things. I think you just know.

Tita9499 Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:08pm
post #13 of 89

WOW! Interesting. I've never seen a ghost (thank God) so I wasn't sure how people could tell if it was really a ghost of just a figment of one's imagination.

Melvira Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:38pm
post #14 of 89

I have always been 'in touch' so to speak, since I was a small child. The first dead people I remember were my great grandparents. They used to sit on the corner of my bed and talk to me when I was going to bed at night. I've been that way my whole life. Shoot, my oldest son... I 'met' him 3 years before he even existed! It's a cool story, if anyone is interested, PM me your email address and I'll send you the story with pictures. When I brought him home from the hospital, several people saw my grandma (who is dead, but lived in this house for 60+ years, we bought it after she passed) standing in the window of the nursery waiting for us to bring him home. She was quite excited. He still talks to her. He'll tell me all the time that she is standing next to his bed. It doesn't bother me because I feel her in the house all the time. He rarely has to tell me she is there, I already know.

And yes, prayers from all religions, even just 'well wishes' from agnostics or atheists, are accepted, appreciated, and returned!!

And Miss Tita, I hate for everyone to witness this, but... I've missed you too! *sob* icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:45pm
post #15 of 89

Oh, I also forgot to add... History Channel only comes on at night after the boys are upstairs, and even then it's only occasionally. Seriously, if it's not on Nickelodeon or Food Network, we don't know about it. (Except Monday nights on Fox... "House". No lie, I won't answer the phone when it's on!)

Not to say that it's completely impossible that he overheard something, just highly improbable. Occam's Razor says that it's probably something he overheard, but the alternatives are so interesting I can't quite dismiss them. icon_rolleyes.gif

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 11 May 2009 , 8:04pm
post #16 of 89

I experienced something as a child that had a huge effect on me. I had a little sister (actually 2, but one story at a time) that died at the age of 2, I was 6. I remember about 4 years after her death being at a playground (actually, not to far from where she was buried, small rural community but not the one we lived in) and a little girl about 4 years old ran away from her parents and stopped dead in her tracks in front of me. She just stared into my eyes, like she was trying to tell me something without actually speaking - I knew it was my sister somewhere in there. I'm not sure how these things work but no one could convince me that I didn't see my sister that day, of course I was 10 and it freaked everyone out.

Mel, I know you little guy will do well - sounds like he has something working for him on his side (other than you of course)!

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 11 May 2009 , 8:31pm
post #17 of 89

So, I'm going to stop watching this topic now. I get VERY creeped out VERY easily. And if there are any ghosts in my house, get the he** out! And ESPECIALLY don't spook me when I'm in the shower or bathroom, cause I'd hate to scare you to death!!!!!!!

Tita9499 Posted 11 May 2009 , 8:46pm
post #18 of 89

LOL!

Melvira Posted 11 May 2009 , 8:53pm
post #19 of 89

Oh Mommyle, I'm sorry you're such a wus! Hehehehe. Just teasin!

Misa-chan Posted 11 May 2009 , 8:55pm
post #20 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyle

So, I'm going to stop watching this topic now. I get VERY creeped out VERY easily. And if there are any ghosts in my house, get the he** out! And ESPECIALLY don't spook me when I'm in the shower or bathroom, cause I'd hate to scare you to death!!!!!!!

Cue that little psycho shower scene song! aww ^^ I'm sorry you get spooked easily!

Living in a haunted house / hanging out in cemeteries ( I didn't choose to, it was the only place the kids when I was in elementary school wouldn't come to bully me) has thought me not to get scared so easily. Mind you when "the old man" (the other ghost here) stands right by my bed it does scare me a bit O.O...

^^ I don't know if your son likes rats Melvira, but I got three pet rats and Homer, the "man" of the house gives him aaallll his good ratty luck icon_smile.gif

My family has a bunch of stories relating to the paranormal. oO..should we start a thread on that?

Melvira Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:01pm
post #21 of 89

I had a supernatural thread going a while back. Love discussing it! And yah, I like rats. I had 13 of them when I was young. I just don't like them anywhere near my kitchen now that I'm older, hehehe.

Oh, and the answer to your sig riddle has got to be "Muffcake" cuz it's ambiguously naughty sounding. icon_lol.gif

Misa-chan Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:07pm
post #22 of 89

XD A muffcake!! I like that! I'll tell that to my boyfriend. He calls me his cupcake so I call him my muffin, then we were trying to figure what kinda kid a muffin and a cupcake make! ^^

oohhh really..? Think we could start a new thread? I love discussing it too ^^

13 ratties? Nice!! I had splinter, then we got him a girlfriend..then they had 10 babies, then 7 babies XD Splinter died ( we all cried ,he's burried in a flower pot on the balcony now dubbed " the Pet sematary" XD) his blood line died with "Big mama B". lol Now we have Calypso, Elizabeth and Homer!

Tita9499 Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:29pm
post #23 of 89

Eeeeewwww, rats...sorry but those things tend to turn you off when you've seen them in the NYC transit system. Them doggone things grow to look like cats!

jlynnw Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:44pm
post #24 of 89

I can handle ghosties, but RATS! eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww. That just gives me the peepee shivers! I saw a boa swallow one down to the tail and ate it just like spaghetti. YECK!

Tita9499 Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:56pm
post #25 of 89

Bleeech! Thanks for ruining dinner jylnn! YUCK!!

Well, that's good. I can work on my cookies instead of eating for the rest of the week. LOL!

Tita9499 Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:57pm
post #26 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

And yah, I like rats. I had 13 of them when I was young.

icon_confused.gif Where I'm from we call that an infestation. LOL! icon_razz.gif

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:57pm
post #27 of 89

Mel, I hope everything goes well for your little guy. I will be praying for him. It sounds like maybe he's a little "sensitive" as they say in the movies, with the chanting, etc. I think stuff like that is SO cool (as long as it's the non-life threatening scary kind).

I'll ask our priest about what he was chanting and see if he has any insight.

Love yas!

jlynnw Posted 11 May 2009 , 10:09pm
post #28 of 89
Quote:

Bleeech! Thanks for ruining dinner jylnn! YUCK!!

Well, that's good. I can work on my cookies instead of eating for the rest of the week. LOL!

Anytime I can help out icon_lol.gif

Misa-chan Posted 11 May 2009 , 10:41pm
post #29 of 89

d'aww but I love my ratties! They're well behaved! Not like those icky sewer rats! XD

in my avatar you can see homer's face ^^

Melvira Posted 11 May 2009 , 11:00pm
post #30 of 89
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

And yah, I like rats. I had 13 of them when I was young.

icon_confused.gif Where I'm from we call that an infestation. LOL! icon_razz.gif

Hahahahah! Not when they're clean and in a cage! icon_razz.gif

And yah, New York sewer rats are NOT cute. I'm talking white ones with sweet little whiskers... not big fat grey ones with matted hair and... *shudder* enough of that talk!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%