Grad Ideas

Decorating By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 10 May 2009 , 11:14pm by BeeBoos-8599_

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 5

Hi! I have a client who wants a grad cake for this weekend. The only guidelines were pink pink pink, girly, girly and flowers. I wanted to do a pillow cake with her tiara (she was the town princess last year) but she did not want to put her tiara on anything. Then I went to doing something with a quilted pink fondant. Basically I am not coming up with anything unique and original. Thought I would send it out to you all for some ideas. The cake is for this weekend.

4 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 10 May 2009 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 5

So I guess it is as difficult as i thought???

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 10 May 2009 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 5

I like the idea of a pillow cake. I think those are always so cute and just blow everyone away. If she doesnt want to use her tiara, have you thought of doing one out of royal icing, maybe resembling the one she has or design you own idea. Or you can do a small 2 tier cake with pink but add some flowers and maybe some bows. A big pink bow on the top tier would be cute. You can look at my 2 tier cake I did which shows what I am talking about. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 10 May 2009 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBoos-8599_

Hi! I have a client who wants a grad cake for this weekend. The only guidelines were pink pink pink, girly, girly and flowers. I wanted to do a pillow cake with her tiara (she was the town princess last year) but she did not want to put her tiara on anything. Then I went to doing something with a quilted pink fondant. Basically I am not coming up with anything unique and original. Thought I would send it out to you all for some ideas. The cake is for this weekend.

Just thought of this...how about the pillow cake with a little slipper or high heel?? I think it would come out cute. Just a thought...

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:14pm
post #5 of 5

Normita,
Thanks for your input. She feels like putting a tiara on the cake is bragging or something (dont most princess's want everyone to know???). Anyway, I am still not feeling good about anything. I may end up with a 2 tier. The cake is for 40 people so that would work. Again, thanks and if anything else comes to mind feel free to let me know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%