Hamilton Beach Metal Stand Mixer

Decorating By seeshores Updated 11 May 2009 , 2:05am by LauraLeesSweets

seeshores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seeshores Posted 9 May 2009 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone had any experience with a Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer I have a Change to buy one for $125.00.

2 replies
SandyLemke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandyLemke Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:21am
post #2 of 3

I received mine as a gift and really like it. I have no other stand mixer to compare it to but have read about it in the blogs and see it is highly rated and an especially good value for the money.

It's really easy to clean. It does move a little bit with heavy doughs so you need to stay in the kitchen while it's working.

I'm not a professional or even semi-pro. I imagine if you bake for a living you would need more power.

LauraLeesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LauraLeesSweets Posted 11 May 2009 , 2:05am
post #3 of 3

I would NOT buy a Hamilton Beach. For occasional use would be fine, but I make about 3 cakes a week and have the stainless model. After about 2 months, it started hesitating when turned on and gets really hot when making icing. THe whisk attachment broke on the first use and I got no help from customer service. I'm sorry I wasted my money. I'm now in the market for a KitchenAid or Viking brand. KitchenAid replaced a bowl set after one of mine got a hole in it...so I feel their customer service would be invaluable. Hamilton Beach never even returned my calls or emails about the problems I had. Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%