Cake For The New Guy

Decorating By PiePie Updated 10 May 2009 , 12:52am by PiePie

PiePie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiePie Posted 8 May 2009 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 5

My husband has been working as a contractor for a company. The company has decided to hire him. He was told that he needs to bring the treats for his leaving and his joining party. He wants to do it in one party. I will be having a full sheet cake to decorate. Any ideas on what to put on it? I really am having a non creative moment.

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 May 2009 , 1:43am
post #2 of 5

Not exactly sure what you mean by his 'leaving and his joining' party.
What is he leaving? And.........when do you need this?
Is there somehting special about where he is leaving? His job there? Going from a desk job to a 'working one? Make a desk w/a line thru it and then, what ever he is going to be doing for the new phase - find something a contractor uses - blueprints? Put arrows from one to the other and maybe the massage along the lines of "Welcome to your new line of work".
I don't know......maybe something I said will spark an idea for you.

CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 9 May 2009 , 1:54am
post #3 of 5

What kind of work does he do? My hubby is also a contractor and has been asked at every consulting job to join as an employee so I know what you mean. If it is computer work as my husband is, you could do a computer and put on the screen "goodbye...welcome" or hopefully something more creative. Not sure what else to suggest without knowing the line of work. Good luck!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 9 May 2009 , 1:55am
post #4 of 5

The first immage that came to me as soon as I read your post was a revolving door. Either piped or 3d. Either way, that would be very appropriate. lol.

leaving/joining party? sounds like an excuse for a party. party.gif (At the company I was laid off from we would come up with the wildest excuses for parties- this sounds like it belongs on that list) thumbs_up.gif

sandy

PiePie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiePie Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:52am
post #5 of 5

You are right Dr Tina, my husband is a computer contractor too. Thank you all for the great ideas and yes anything for an excuse to party icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%