They Cancel Thier Order!!!

Decorating By cata29 Updated 10 May 2009 , 1:25am by bebea

cata29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cata29 Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 13

I get a call for a comunion cake on wed. they wanted the open book cake, but wanted to see the pan to make sure it was big enough.. i show them the pan and they give me the go ahead to make the cake for sat. after noon , oh they also tell me to decorate it any way i want to just to make it pretty and for a little girl.. and me being so trusting(stupid) i didnt ask for a deposit! So today i started to bake the cake, color fondant and get everything ready they call me to cancel because the little girls godmother has already order the cake and they didn't think i would be making the cake today, that would until tomorrow morning!
What do they think that it takes 30min to make a cake! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

12 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 13

Oh man! That is terrible! What did they say when you told them that you had already started the cake? They should really at least pay for the ingredients. And hopefully, you will always get a deposit from now on!

en-passant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
en-passant Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 13

I'm grumpy.

Want me to come over and beat them up for you?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 13

I would have told them that I require 3 days notice to cancel but I guess that doesn't matter since there was no deposit taken anyway!Sorry about that!!

mayamia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayamia Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:57pm
post #5 of 13

sorry about to hear that, but yes you should of asked for a deposit, I have found out through many mistakes that no matter how trustworthy people look do not trust and ask for deposit, but do you know them well, maybe you can ask them to pay for the ingredients that way you dont loose out. icon_sad.gif

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 13

I'm so sorry that happened to you. All my cakes require payment at least five days prior to the event. Wedding cakes are a $50 non-refundable deposit at time of booking and the balance due at least five days before the wedding.

You may want to consider something like that in the future and save yourself a lot of headaches.

Again, sorry these people were so thoughtless.

Misa-chan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misa-chan Posted 8 May 2009 , 11:02pm
post #7 of 13

aw, i'm sorry this happened to you! some people I swear, they think cakes rain from the sky!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 8 May 2009 , 11:10pm
post #8 of 13

if they didn't think you'd be making the cake today but were going to wait until tomorrow morning, why would they think the other bakery already started on it? why didn't they cancel that one? doo doos

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 8 May 2009 , 11:12pm
post #9 of 13

I had the same thing happen to me this week and of course I didn't ask for a deposit either. I have learned from now on to have orders paid in full before. Have you done a book cake before? If not make it a practice cake take photos of it to add to gallery of cakes and give it to someone special for mother's day.

cata29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cata29 Posted 9 May 2009 , 1:14am
post #10 of 13

Thanks everyone your coments have made me feel so much better,
and yes starting today i will be asking for deposits, but the goods news is that my neighbor is going to a her neices holy comunion party tomorrow and she is going to buy the cake from me and giving it to her niece as a present! as soon as i have the cake decorated i will post it in the gallery!
And Again thanks! I just love being a member here ! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 9 May 2009 , 1:23am
post #11 of 13

What a great neighbour you have! Glad it worked out for you icon_smile.gif

queenie1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenie1958 Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:18am
post #12 of 13

How rude. People seem to think it takes no time at all to make and decorate! icon_mad.gif

bebea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bebea Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:25am
post #13 of 13

that really did work out...the cake got a happy home

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%