Help! How Do I Add Pudding To A Cake Mix

Decorating By momoftwogirls Updated 21 Aug 2005 , 9:59pm by ihavasweet2th

momoftwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momoftwogirls Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 10:39pm
post #1 of 10

just wondering if anyone allows the bride to pick their wedding cake up?

if yes how do you protect yourself if anything happens to the cake??

9 replies
JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 10

I haven't done any wedding cakes, but I would think those that do might have some sort of release for the person picking up the cake to sign, whether it be the bride, mother, or whoever. At least that's what I'll do if I ever get to do a wedding cake that I icon_razz.gif won't be delivering!! lol

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 10:50pm
post #3 of 10

I have delivered all my wedding cakes so far. However, I do charge a delivery fee, especially since gas is so expensive. If they do not want to pay the delivery fee, then they can pick it up. Once it leave my sight I am no longer responsible. It is up to them to get a dependable person to pick up their cake. Most people are willing to pay the delivery fee for fear of setting up a cake. Especially a tiered cake.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 10

I have also delivered all my wedding cakes. Around where I live...that is pretty much what is expected. Most people do not want to worry about how the cake is going to get there! And I don't blame them! icon_smile.gif
traci

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 3:08am
post #5 of 10

I always deliver also. I would not want to trust anyone else to set up the cake for me. After all, its my reputation on the line and if it gets screwed up, it would make me look bad. Just consider it "part of the job". Its not that bad! And you get to see the end result. thumbs_up.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 5:48am
post #6 of 10

I always deliver my wedding cakes too. When I get to where the wedding is the table is usually set up. I decorate around the cake (with the things the bride/groom have) & then take a picture of the cake & setting. Then leave. I would never let someone set the cake up. I also have started a new thing. I go to the church about 2 hours after the wedding to pick up my things. That way I know I get them back.

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 9:41pm
post #7 of 10

I've only made 2 wedding cakes so far...and I set both of these up.....
I'm having so ideas about letting them pick up their own cakes...
Will be interesting reading on what everyone else is doing ...with the gas prices and all...
cakegal

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 9:46pm
post #8 of 10

I always deliver mine and set them up .. I do charge a bit more now that gasoline prices are so expensive ... I take pictures from just about every angle of the cake once I get it all set up .. I just don't think I'd ever be happy with letting someone pick up a cake for a wedding unless it was just a sheet cake.

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 9:56pm
post #9 of 10

I'm with turtle. I would never let anyone pick up a wedding cake. I deliver and set up, heck I barely trust myself and I know what I am doing!!! I just recently started to let my husband help me set up!! My daughter has also gone with me to hold doors etc. I trained her young!! I just dropped her off at college this past Thursday so now my husband will probably go with me on all deliveries instead of just the heavy ones!! I wish I could go pick up my stuff 2 hours after the wedding like you do turtle but around here the receptions go to midnight or after, and I wouldn't have it in me to stay up that late especially after doing a wedding cake!! Plus alot of my cakes are delivered to surrounding towns. I have had problems on occasion of getting my stuff back and it really ticks me off. I know I should charge a deposit for them but haven't yet, I am however getting a lot braver and tougher on certain things since I have joined CC!!!

~Luraleigh~

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 9:59pm
post #10 of 10

Oh, I forgot!! I also always take several photos of the cake before I leave and also verify with someone at the reception hall that the cake was fine when I left.

~Luraleigh~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%