Decoration Ideas - White Fantasy Flower On Choc Mud Ganache?

Decorating By Sweet_Toof Updated 7 May 2009 , 11:59am by CandyLady

Sweet_Toof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Toof Posted 6 May 2009 , 4:37am
post #1 of 5

Hi guys!
I'm planning a Mother's day cake for this Sunday.
Although still 4 days away, its last minute thinking for me. I am unable to get to my local decorating shop so I have to use what I've got - which isn't much.
I started by making 3 fantasy flowers which are in white modeling paste, and the centres have been painted with rich red/pink.
They are around 5x5cm in size.
I was going to somehow arrange these on a cake, I was thinking a chocolate mud cake with ganache, but I'm not sure how well white flowers will look on this. Perhaps if I changed it to a white choc cake, it'd look too washed out.
What are your thoughts?
I just don't want to make a mess of it before I've even started!

4 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 6 May 2009 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 5

i think either dark ganache or white chocolate would be great. id plump for the dark ganache though, would look more striking. all white would be pretty too, but maybe a bit weddingy? depends on your mums taste!
you could always do it pink too.
xx

Sweet_Toof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Toof Posted 6 May 2009 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks!
I think I'll do dark ganache. I might even pipe with the ganache, but then was thinking I might need to do something else to "tie in" the flowers.. maybe a white or red ribbon, or should I be piping in another colour.
Its so hard to know what a finished product will look like! (Well me as an ultimate rookie anyway).

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 7 May 2009 , 9:35am
post #4 of 5

i think it would look pretty just with the flowers, very simple, but pretty. leave time so you can see how it looks, then add more if you want to icon_smile.gif
xx

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 7 May 2009 , 11:59am
post #5 of 5

I did a cheesecake frosted in chocolate ganache and put 3 small white roses in the center...dusted with a little lustre dust...stunning! they looked lovely against dark ganache.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%