Unwrinkle Silk Flowers

Decorating By J1977 Updated 6 May 2009 , 1:14am by 7yyrt

J1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
J1977 Posted 5 May 2009 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 8

I was given a box of silk flowers for a wedding cake Sat. and about half of the flower petals are folded with a crease. I'm sure when shipping they were all shoved in the box.

Any suggestions on how to get the crease out? I'm thinking I'll spray with water and then use heat from the blow dryer.

7 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 5 May 2009 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 8

Steam may work but it will take a lot of time. I would give them back to the bride or whomever and let them get the creases out. Your job is to make the cake not re-create the silk flowers.

en-passant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
en-passant Posted 5 May 2009 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 8

I know nothing about fake flowers, but my thought was steaming them or ironing them.

It's not your job to make these flowers nice. Ask the couple what they want done.... they can either pay you to fix them, or take the box back and fix them on their own time.

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 5 May 2009 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 8

I used to use a lot of silk flowers, and I would put them in my dryer and tumble. But.....you have to be careful. Dont leave too long can melt the green plastic stems and ruin your dryer. Although, I never had a problem not even once. I just stood there and checked them often. I hope this helps

nancyg

J1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
J1977 Posted 5 May 2009 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 8

Thank you for the advice. I will try the dryer and see what I get.

nancyg Posted 5 May 2009 , 10:36pm
post #6 of 8

You are welcome....and hey, put a damp cloth in with it. It might help if the wrinkles are bad.

nancyg Posted 5 May 2009 , 10:37pm
post #7 of 8

You are welcome....and hey, put a damp cloth in with it. It might help if the wrinkles are bad.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 6 May 2009 , 1:14am
post #8 of 8

I always hold them over a steaming kettle spout.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%