Rkt And Fondant Penis Help

Decorating By laurakay0523 Updated 1 Apr 2010 , 4:04am by icingprincess

laurakay0523 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurakay0523 Posted 5 May 2009 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 8

I practiced doing a RKT penis today. I covered it in buttercream before putting on the fondant. This was my first time working with fondant. I have a couple of questions. How long do you let the RKT cool before covering in fondant. And how do you get the penis covered in fondant and make it smooth? Maybe I didnt roll the fondant out thin enough. But I couldnt get the creases out. I dont know if that makes sense. Also, could you crush the rice krispies before adding the marshmellows so it wont be to bumpy looking? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I need this cake for this Friday!
Thanks in advanced!

7 replies
fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 6 May 2009 , 5:49am
post #2 of 8

OK I am tired and it took me about 5 minutes to figure out what RKT was. The only thing I can suggest is to ice it with a layer of buttercream before the fondant. Wish I had an answer to the rest of your questions.

Frecklepuss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frecklepuss Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 8

I know I am too late to reply as I just this post today. I have no idea what RKT means either but I did make a penis cake that I have posted in my photos. It was my first ever attempt and I think it turned out great! Of course when I went to make it for the event I had more trouble and I think it is because I rolled it too thin! For the one in my pics I rolled the fondant out a little thicker and put it on a room temperature cake covered in icing. I really didn't need to smooth it out very much .. it actually molded very well to the cake and I used my fingers to make the "veins" (they are veins right? haha) then I took another piece of fondant for the "head" folded it under a little to form the head properly. It was a big hit and I must admit ... a lot of fun to make!

Hope yours turned out ok. I would love to see a pic. icon_smile.gif

p.s. what is RKT?

AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 11:38am
post #4 of 8

RKT=rice krispie treats

I did a naked man cake and used a twinkie for the penis. Wrapped in fondant. 9X13 cake=1 twinkie, 1/2 sheet= 2 twinkies (or more icon_smile.gif

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 4:28am
post #5 of 8

afordrn, do you use a dowel in the twinnkies? and do you use regular fondant or a fondant mix for stability?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 7:00am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklepuss

p.s. what is RKT?

CC has an imbedded acronymn reader... Just drag your cursor over the acronym and if it's in the database all the possible explanations will pop up. icon_smile.gif

AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 11:06am
post #7 of 8

No dowel, just regular satin ice white colored flesh color.
I have examples of my naughty cake penis on my website. You can get there thru my profile here. Password is ADULT

icingprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingprincess Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 4:04am
post #8 of 8

a twinkie ?!! what a great idea that is So funny!!!! i bet they were in for a surprise when they cut it thinking the (white in side ) was somthing esle!!!!! LOL XD i would of been like"WOW they really went into detail!!"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%