Wild Things Cake Request

Decorating By momma28 Updated 4 May 2009 , 7:23pm by Butterfly27

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 6

I have a request for a cake with a Where the wild things are theme. Actually this is after the request was a sculpted chihuahua covered in tattoos and piercings icon_smile.gif I know that they want something more than just a sheet cake with and image from the book but im stumped. And the cake is for next week so not a whole lot of time to brainstorm. I googled images of akes made with that theme but there are very few. Not sure what to do.

5 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 6

can't help (have no ides what that is) but here is a bump

calivettie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calivettie Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:41pm
post #3 of 6

a tiered cake covered with the "forest" from the book and the wild things all over it with the little boy on the sides would be cute... I can see this cake being really adorable...

Or you can do a carved "wild thing," i've seen that done on someones flickr stream... it was awesome!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 6

I saw this on cakwrecks a while ago and I love this cake. Maybe this can give you an idea. HTH's and good luck =) It's halfway down the page.

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-03-25T09%3A28%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=20

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by calivettie

a tiered cake covered with the "forest" from the book and the wild things all over it with the little boy on the sides would be cute... I can see this cake being really adorable.

Adorable it would be but the problem is that this cake is for a husband and wife who have birthdays just days apart. They are in their 20's but still I think the theme is a little "young" for them. It is a friend of mine who is ordering the cake and she keeps going in different directions. First 2 days ago it was goth or artisitc..so I went the art deco route...even offered to do a salvador dali cake (clock melting off the side)...then it was chihuahua sculpted and covered in tattoos and piercings..i said ok but thats not going to be a lot of cake and they want tiramisu layer cake and to sculpt I cant put that much filling in...now its wild things....Im sure if I dont come up with something not childish she is going to change her mind again. UGh. I love this friend alot and want ther to be happy, just dont know what direction to go in

Butterfly27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterfly27 Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:23pm
post #6 of 6

Obviously your friend can't make up her mind what type of idea she wants in a cake so stop stressing yourself out with trying to come up with ideas for her. She needs to figure it out and fast because you don't have much time to work on this cake as it is and a sculpted cake takes alot of work. I think at this point it won't matter what ideas you come up with because she don't know what she wants and if she keeps changing her mind she might not like what you decide to make in the end. If I were you I would tell her that she needs to get her idea figured out and ASAP. Once she does that then we can all help you with how to do that idea with the cake. Good Luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%