Custard Filling Query

Decorating By Elise87 Updated 5 May 2009 , 5:14am by Elise87

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:55am
post #1 of 6

I was thinking of making a chocolate cake with custard filling and chocolate ganache on outside. Havn't done the ganache or custard filling before so my question is wouldn't the custard make the cake go soggy after a little while and would i be able to refrigerate the cake and it taste ok the next day or does it need just to be eaten and decorated on the day? Thanks again for your help

5 replies
Elise87 Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:46am
post #2 of 6

will add to give me a bump lol...... will the custard filling after being refrigerate the next day taste good or make the cake too soggy?

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:55am
post #3 of 6

No, a custard filling won't make the cake go soggy. I have used custard or pudding fillings several times and they are deeeeeeeeeeeelicious! icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

Elise87 Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:00am
post #4 of 6

oh awesome thanks! Can't wait to eat the cake, i am craving it now! icon_biggrin.gif

...will the custard taste ok the next day after being refrigerated overnight once it goes back to room temp?

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 5 May 2009 , 4:54am
post #5 of 6

Custard sometimes actually improves in flavor after a day...kind of like Mexican food and BBQ! It generally has a 2-3 day life in the fridge before it starts tasting less fresh. I'm sure I don't need to remind you that it is perishable tho' so it can't be left at room temp for too long.

Elise87 Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:14am
post #6 of 6

Thanks that is very helpful, n yep i know when need to refrigerate and not to leave creamy stuff and stuff like that out for too long icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%