Finally, A Good Bride/groom Pricing Story!

Decorating By Starkie Updated 4 May 2009 , 1:20pm by solascakes

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 4 May 2009 , 10:50am
post #1 of 4

Sometimes all I see on this site are storys about the bad bride, the cheap bride, the horrible MIL, etc. I am happy to report that there are some lovely brides and grooms out there that are a dream to work with!

I met with a bride and groom this weekend about their upcoming wedding. The bride loved the sketch of the cake that I came up with (based on limited information), so we were already on the same page. This will be a small wedding, only about 50 people, so the cake will not be that large. So I charged them my normal buttercream price of $2.50 per serving, which makes the grand total for the cake $125. The groom couldn't believe that the cake would only be $125! "Does that include your time and labor, too?" he asked. I don't know what kind of price he was expecting, but it sure was refreshing to talk to someone who did not want to barter a deal!

Just wanted to share this story to start off the week on a positive note!

Have a blessed week, everyone!

<Starkie>

3 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:12am
post #2 of 4

I think most people do not get the concept of "per serving"..... Like this person was no doubt thinking WEDDING CAKE = BIG BUCKS, no matter HOW many people are served.....

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:24am
post #3 of 4

That is nice to hear. Glad you had this pleasent experience. I hope the rest of the transaction goes just as smoothly for you.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:20pm
post #4 of 4

Now, that's the kind of customer i like.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%