Question About Making Roses

Decorating By Ashlie2009 Updated 3 May 2009 , 6:19pm by freshlybakedcookies

Ashlie2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashlie2009 Posted 3 May 2009 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 3

I am making the Flowers and Confetti cake from the winston 1 book on page 34 if you have it. I was wondering how big of a mound of icing i shoud pipe for the flowers to go on. For those of you that dont have the book it is the cake with the 7 flowers in the middle. Once i get the mound therer do i put all the flowers on the mound or just the middle one and which rose should i start with.

Also on the shell border when i add the drop flowers can i make them right on the shell border or do i need to make them off to the side. Thanks.

2 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 3 May 2009 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 3

Sorry, I can't help, but here's a bump.

freshlybakedcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freshlybakedcookies Posted 3 May 2009 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 3

When making a mound of icing, I usually just "eyeball" it. I wouldn't make a mound higher than maybe 1.5", depending on the size of your roses. I usually start placing roses around the mound and then the last one goes in the center on top. If there are open spaces, just fill them with leaves.

For the drop flowers, it would be easier to make them separately on some wax paper and let them "crust" first. You can then pick them up (gently) and place them where you want them.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%