When Adding Pudding Mix To Cake-Do I-----

Decorating By joy5678 Updated 5 May 2009 , 1:25am by clovely

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 2 May 2009 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 7

Not sure what to do when adding pudding to a mix? Do I add 1 extra egg and 1/4 cup water to the mix (plus ingredients listed on box) or 1 egg & 2/3 cup water combined with 1/3 cup oil extra? Or something totally different??? I read about this somewhere but cannot find it anywhere. Can you all help me out on this before I start experimenting? Thanks

6 replies
Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 2 May 2009 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 7

You don't need to do anything extra, just add it in dry and continue with box directions or your recipe.

shanna_banana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanna_banana Posted 2 May 2009 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers971

You don't need to do anything extra, just add it in dry and continue with box directions or your recipe.

This is the way I do it too. But I have read that some people add the extra stuff. I must say I have only used this with chocolate cake and I add an extra 1/3 to 1/2 cup Hershey's syrup too. Talk about a chocoholic's dream! icon_lol.gif I get lots of compliments on the taste of my cakes too.

I'll see what I can find about adding in the extra stuff. I haven't been here long but I have a knack for finding these things!

amyfj1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyfj1 Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 7

I add an extra egg and a dash of oil when I add a pudding mix to my cake mix. Hope this helps.

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:09am
post #5 of 7

I'm fairly sure this is a recipe from Macsmom. Sorry if I'm not remembering correctly. I wish I had written who posted it, because I use it all the time. Love it and always turns out perfect. I mix and match the flavors as needed.

Cake Mix Fix - Vanilla

I buy any mix... last week I used Betty Crocker... I add 1 cup of sour cream, 1 box of cheesecake pudding, 4 eggs, 1/2 c oil and 1/2c water. Also 1 tsp of bourbon vanilla...
Bake at 325 till done

idjitmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idjitmom Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:56am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun

I'm fairly sure this is a recipe from Macsmom. Sorry if I'm not remembering correctly. I wish I had written who posted it, because I use it all the time. Love it and always turns out perfect. I mix and match the flavors as needed.

Cake Mix Fix - Vanilla

I buy any mix... last week I used Betty Crocker... I add 1 cup of sour cream, 1 box of cheesecake pudding, 4 eggs, 1/2 c oil and 1/2c water. Also 1 tsp of bourbon vanilla...
Bake at 325 till done

That's a good basic extender receipe. If you're just doing a mix with no extender ingredients, I don't see that there's any reason to add pudding, most of the mixes already have them in them & don't have any problem w/ moistness..

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:25am
post #7 of 7

I often add one small box of pudding mix plus one extra egg. That's what I've always heard and what I've always done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%