Help Rice Paper Photo

Decorating By glory98 Updated 3 May 2009 , 1:10am by glory98

glory98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glory98 Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 5

HI EVERYONE - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW DO I APPLY A RICE PAPER PHOTO ONTO A FONDANT CAKE?

THAN YOU

4 replies
PhotoFrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PhotoFrost Posted 2 May 2009 , 12:15am
post #2 of 5

Hi Glory,
Well I do not work much with rice paper, I prefer Icing Sheets, but at any rate, I would think you could probably use a little edible glue to hold it in place. I found this recipe for edible glue, but you may be able to search the forums or possibly google for other recipes.

Add 2 tablespoons of warm water to a quarter teaspoon of Tylose Powder and allow the Tylose powder to melt. Dont worry if at this stage the glue appears not to be blending. Put a lid on the container and leave it in the refrigerator overnight and in the morning you will have a perfectly clear and ready to use glue.
The glue should be a dripping consistency. If it is too thick, just add a little more water and stir with a toothpick .The edible glue should be stored in the refrigerator when not in use.
To apply the glue, use a good quality paintbrush and brush on to the area where you are going to be working. Leave until it begins to dry a little so that the area is just tacky to touch.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 2 May 2009 , 12:22am
post #3 of 5

I am not familiar with rice sheets but I apply my icing sheets with a little corn syrup or just a little water on the fondant.

Goonergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goonergirl Posted 2 May 2009 , 12:31am
post #4 of 5

Use piping gel or glucose. Always works for me and I use rice paper images all the time.

glory98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glory98 Posted 3 May 2009 , 1:10am
post #5 of 5

thanks everyone for your ideas

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%