Buttercream Dough?

Decorating By Cakes_By_Bright Updated 1 May 2009 , 2:44pm by Cakes_By_Bright

Cakes_By_Bright Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes_By_Bright Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 7

So, I was making frosting the other day and I honestly don't know what happened. I mean, I KNOW I had too much sugar but I don't know HOW I got all that in there. Must've been so out of it. icon_confused.gif

I guess bf was distracting me and all of a sudden I realize...crap I haven't added milk yet!!! So, when I check on my machine the icing is the consistency of dough. And not really dough, it looks like fondant. icon_eek.gif

After I fixed it, I started asking myself...CAN this be used as if it was fondant? I mean, I have no clue what amounts I used, but if I were able to do it again, do you guys think I can use it like to make ....I'll be honest i don't know how to make anything, but lf I DID, to make flowers and figured and shaped, etc.?

6 replies
jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 7

probably now. You might be able to cover a ckae with it if it tatsted ok. It wouldn't dry hard enought for flowers though.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes_By_Bright Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:40am
post #4 of 7

thnx!! i didn't know about rolled bc. can u tell I'm a newb? hehehe thnx again!

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:59am
post #5 of 7

I know sugarshack uses a thickened buttercream to make her dam for her fillings. Put it in a piping bag and it comes out nice and thick like a cord.

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 1 May 2009 , 12:12pm
post #6 of 7

I use rolled buttercream more than fondant. The flavor is so much better, but a warning, it is softer than fondant. So when covering a cake it can tear eassily. What you made might work for figures but how does it taste??
Won't it be dry?? Only way to find out is try it....let us know how it turns out!

Cakes_By_Bright Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:44pm
post #7 of 7

hehehe I'm on a mission this weekend. Gonna see if I can repeat what I did and THEN I'm gonna taste it!! HAHAHAHA THEEEN I'm giving it to my panel of judges to taste. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%