Charm Cake

Decorating By babydeer Updated 16 May 2009 , 6:12am by 2SimplySweet

babydeer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babydeer Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 4

I will be getting married May of 2010 and My fiance and I are wanting to do something for our loved ones that have passed away and can't be there. We were thinking of doing a seperate cake for to represent our loved ones with charms. We would put a charm on a ribbon and start the ribbon on the top center so the charms can hang down around the cake (kind of like a pinwheel) and when all the charms are on it we would put our cake topper on that cake. And have flowers on the main wedding cake. Now should we do the same charm for all the ones we are representing or should we do something different for each person. Should we do names and/or a little charm that represents them. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

3 replies
samantha22c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samantha22c Posted 2 May 2009 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 4

I think the charm idea is cute. I personally would have a different charm for each person that make you think of them and not even worry about the name. You would already know who it was just by looking at the charm.

babydeer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babydeer Posted 7 May 2009 , 4:38am
post #3 of 4

Well my only concern is that guests may not know... and I was thinking of doing an individual charm for each loved one and having it on a turn table so that people can move it around to see all and have a paper placed with the cake with a picture of the charm and there name and DOB and DOD...any suggestions

2SimplySweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SimplySweet Posted 16 May 2009 , 6:12am
post #4 of 4

What about a memory tree and instead of say crystals hanging off the branches it could be your charms (brass and silver DOVES with their names and pics on them) ?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%