Mother's Day Cake Idea

Decorating By Rhonda19 Updated 7 May 2009 , 5:51pm by Rhonda19

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 12

Hello Everyone!
.. With Mother's day approaching I was wondering how many of you were making a cake for Mom.... If you are what is your idea??

I want to make something that will really " Wow " my mom, and I could use some ideas.....

Thanks for helping
Rhonda

11 replies
i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 12

Wish my mom lived closer so I could make her a cake! I like to do things that are personal. Does she have any hobbies or interests that you could use for inspiration?

Bec

dololly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dololly Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 12

I am going to (try) make my mother a "Family Tree" cake with RI faces of me and my brother, and all 5 of our children and the two grandbabies surounded by wildflowers. Our faces will be the center of a daisy or a sunflower or a rose etc. I am going to put it on a square 9" cake with other wild flowers for filler. I have been looking on CC for lots of ideas for 2D flowers to use as part of the bouquet. If anyone has any suggestions about that I would appreciate it, I am still very "GREEN" in the decorating area. icon_biggrin.gif Whatever you make, if it comes from your heart, your mother is gonna love it.

Rhonda19 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 12

"Dololly".... I am pretty green too!! As for the my mom's hobbies... She likes her flowers, shrubs, etc...in the spring/summer. She also likes her shoes!!

Other than trying to do a shoebox cake with a shoe, I had thought about trying to do the cake that I found in the gallery. I am not very good at descriptions, but it's a tall round cake, with long fondant swirls in green all around it...covering the sides of the cake. Then it had white daisies all over the top. IT was very pretty! So I am thinking about something along those lines.

tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 4:35pm
post #5 of 12

why dont you do a pretty shoe with flowers on it, and all around like walking threw a meadow, or maybe some cute flip flops with flowers on it. Or you could do a shoe box overflowing with pretty flowers. Just thinking out loud, when your done with what ever you do, please post the pics.

babysweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babysweetcakes Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 5:01pm
post #6 of 12

another idea could be a garden themed cake with a fondant/gumpaste figure of ur mom relaxing in the garden

Rhonda19 Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:06pm
post #7 of 12

I just wanted to add an update to my thread.........

I won't be able to make a Mother's day cake for my mom. My father-in-law had to have surgery on May 5, 2009, and we have been at the hospital. Came home to catch a nap and change clothes, before we go back.

Just wanted to let everyone know not to expect my picture

Thanks
Rhonda

fabulosity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabulosity Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:14pm
post #8 of 12

I am very sorry to hear that. You can still make the cake for Mother's Day just a week or so late. Or you could make a get well cake for them once things settle down. Cake makes everyone feel better! Or maybe that is just me...

nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:15pm
post #9 of 12

Sorry to hear about your FIL. Hope he is better soon.

You can make your mom a cake any time 'cause when you love your Mom every day is Mother's Day.

imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:52pm
post #10 of 12

I am sorry to hear about you FIL. I hope he gets better soon.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:27pm
post #11 of 12

Have you checked out cake wrecks today? Some great examples of what NOT to do for mother's day! lol Sorry, I don't really have anything to contribute, but I thought you might all like a laugh!

Rhonda19 Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:51pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkZiab

Have you checked out cake wrecks today? Some great examples of what NOT to do for mother's day! lol Sorry, I don't really have anything to contribute, but I thought you might all like a laugh!

Thanks!!! IT DID!!!

I am going to try and make one, better late than never! Mom understands! She's already said, " Do Not spend your time and money on buying me a mother's day gift!" But, at least I have gotten her gift!

and "fabulosity"... I am going to make a BIG cake for my FIL's 79th BD! It's in July, and since he came out of this surgery, ( We were worried he wasn't going to make it) ... I am planning a " BLOW OUT" !!! (LOL)

Thanks for the replies!!
Rhonda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%